Glock Talk banner

OK, I am going to buy a Glock 45 ACP...

4999 Views 77 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  spatin
I was thinking the 30S however it seems there is more recoil with that being lighter than the 30SF or the 30 gen 4 which is is essentially the same as the 30SF with a few enhancements.
Whichever one will be an edc and I will compete with it for practice and to gain competency.

My question now is about powder. I have a 43 & 19/4 and have only used TG to reload my practice and competition rounds due to the deal I got on it, and have a ton left... If TG is a top choice then fine however I don't want to use it just because I have so much if there is better..?
Opinions please...
Thanks in advance from G!
Reactions: friej
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,090 Posts
I just left my barbershop my barber carries a G30 and always brags on it as the best of everything, I took my Shield and 2 mags of swc 200 gr, I was the last customer so I asked him go out back and lets shoot a few I got ammo. I gave him 5 200 gr swc's. He could not get 1 to chamber without dropping it in by hand and then the next round never fed, I took all and he shot them in my Shield. He never said a word then. This is the same as my G36 does every time. No issue as I shoot Fed 200 gr HP in it which it has been 100%.

· Registered
1,090 Posts
I tried I learned and adapted
my 36 is not a range toy anyway all it gets now is ball or 200gr Fed hp, I have shot almost 300 through my Shield and 36 with 100% reliability, I tried aluminum, steel cased and anything I could find just to see all good.

· Registered
1,090 Posts
My main weapon in my G32 G2, as long as I can still get it, I carry Win Ranger T 2nd choice is Gold Dot, we did have some Black Hills at one time that was excellent but hard to acquire. Same when we had to carry 9mm. I am very quick to use WW Ranger or T version if available. That stuff will do the job.

· Registered
1,090 Posts
In reference to 700x I bought it in the 12 lb kegs I liked it so much, clean, dropped perfect every time, easy to get. I loaded with a Star press then and still do so. Never had an issue. I have never had a Dillion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.