Glock Talk banner

OK, I am going to buy a Glock 45 ACP...

4986 77
I was thinking the 30S however it seems there is more recoil with that being lighter than the 30SF or the 30 gen 4 which is is essentially the same as the 30SF with a few enhancements.
Whichever one will be an edc and I will compete with it for practice and to gain competency.

My question now is about powder. I have a 43 & 19/4 and have only used TG to reload my practice and competition rounds due to the deal I got on it, and have a ton left... If TG is a top choice then fine however I don't want to use it just because I have so much if there is better..?
Opinions please...
Thanks in advance from G!
Reactions: friej
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,836 Posts
Never a problem with hi-tek coated RN out of my G30 gen 3. As others noted, SWC can be a challenge. I've also found that my G30 didn't play well with loads that are too light (RSA or slide weight issue??), so I use a couple of tenths heavier charge (231) than I can get away with in my 1911s.

· Registered
1,836 Posts
were the loads that wouldn't run it too light or had the gun just not been fired enough?
Just too light for my pistol (at that point it had at least 2k rounds through it). It could have been unique to this gun (I'm sure every pistol has its own "personality"), but increasing the powder charge eliminated function issues. Also, perhaps TG has different burn characteristics that would minimize such a problem (??).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.