·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
when Im not home all firearms go in the safe, I only leave a gun out for defense if Im home for the day /evening.
Same here,one loaded glock always ready,the rest in a Liberty safe behind a fire rated dead bolted door.

·
Premium Member
7,699 Posts
when Im not home all firearms go in the safe, I only leave a gun out for defense if Im home for the day /evening.
Same here. No point in having them not secured when you not around. Also, there's the little's that come to visit sometimes unexpectedly. To me. knowing no little fingers can touch a gun, is even more important than not having them stolen. The OTHER Grandfather keep's his gun's in an unlocked closet. Guess who was found in there touching his shotgun's? My Son and Daughter in law made quite a scene in front of both our Families. I'd rather be flogged.

·
Registered
13,972 Posts
Three safe guns in safe not counting ones stashed around house. I lock the door when I leave, isn't that enough to keep them away from kids? I'd bet most people wouldn't find the ones in the house.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
I have built places into the house for secreting firearms. I doubt that even many of my family know of them and how to access them. My son has all the info.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Which ones have killed more people..
Don't know, I don't have the stats, do you?

I have a gun safe and I have also had guns stolen from me.

One was recovered. Two were not.

Did I lose any sleep worrying that some psycho was on the loose and planning to use my rifles to commit a terrible crime?

Of course not.

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
Browning Pro-Steel. It was top of the line, state of the art when I bought it. You would hardly get in it in minutes. Think what it's equivalent would cost today.

First you wrote that you put the purchase of a gun safe "off and off", now you suggest that you have owned it so long, that it would be much more expensive today.

Either way, we live in 2018 and a GUN safe for $500 in todays market is a joke and nothing more than a glorified gun cabinet.

Most large gun safes below $3,000 are all show and no beef. Fat doors that make the safe tip forward if you open the door unbolted because the sides are so thin and lightweight that you do get in within a few minutes, with a simple $100 angle grinder from home depot that even the dumbest burglar can bring along.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7k4q3b2q1o

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
The smart thing would be to buy a PROPER safe. That thing comes open with in minutes.
I am worried about trying to stop a crackhead not a professional safe cracker. If they can't grab it and run they usually leave it alone. I have a $600 safe I bought on sale at Tractor Supply and an alarm system just for the room the safe is in. I keep my guns locked up unless I am at home.

Which ones have killed more people..
I don't really know but my guess would be the legally bought guns since there are so many more of them. Now if you said which one murdered more people I might lean the other way.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts