close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OK guys, I need help...

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by wksinatl, Jul 15, 2004.

1. wksinatl

wksinatl

...so I don't totally embarass myself this weekend. I plan on shooting my first GSSF on Saturday. I will be shooting my G35, night sights, with a stock barrel. I would like to load some rds tonight so I can shoot some tomorrow and see how they will do. I know the easy answer is "go buy some factory ammo for now" but I would like to give this shot. I will be loading them on my Dillon 550.

Here is what I hasve on hand:
    165gr Raniers
    TiteGroup
    assorted brass
    several differnt brands of primers

Most of my loading has been for Precision Rifle matches. I have loaded some 45's but am new to the 40.

I hope to end up with a "soft" shooting load that is accurate. I know this is short notice to get a good load for Saturday (I won't even use the Oehler for this load).

When I have more time I will take my time and be more methodical building a load.

Safety takes top priority so I will be staying toward the lower end of the range.

If anyone can share their experience and suggest a good starting point I would greatly appreciate it. Yes I have several loading manuals and have done a search but would like to hear some real world info.

Thanks,
    Keith

2. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

BTW, whichever direction you take, best of luck in your first match. Stay safe! :)

3. wksinatl

wksinatl

thanks WIG19, I'm looking forward to it!!!

Keith

4. wksinatl

wksinatl

thanks WIG19, I'm looking forward to it!!!

Keith