close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OK finally a picture/ G34 racegun/ opinions

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mike g35, Aug 12, 2011.

1. mike g35

mike g35

I know I take alot of shots for being such a racegun fanatic:supergrin: but I thought I would show you all my G34 that I plan to use at the GSSF match tommorow and see what you thought. Keep in mind I have been shooting the barrel out of my stock G17 also and I know some of you disagree with the racegun thing but I really like shooting them.

2. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent

Let people say what they want; but that is a cool looking gun.

3. mike g35

mike g35

Thanks, and it shoots better than it looks. No FTF's and as accurate as a 1911.

4. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

Do you exhale or inhale on plate number 3?

5. The Highlander

The Highlander

Cool gun Mike. I'll be in Beckley, but not until Sunday. Post some comments on the place when you get a chance Saturday night.

6. Hackett

Hackett

I like it! Is that a Carter Mount? I am thinking about picking one up. Do you like it?

7. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Not at "Carter Mount", it's a Carver Mount. You can see them all at: http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/

Don:wavey:

8. Hackett

Hackett

9. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

WOW I see what you mean. The Carver Mount is a very stable platform. If you want to keep your standard sights on your slide you will need the "Hunter Model", it sets a little higher and allows most sights to clear. If you take the sights off then I would suggest the "Competition Model" which sets very low over the slide. If you use this model you may need to have your ejection port lowered slightly. This is the most common and it works great. Guess it all depends on how serious you want to be with your "Race Gun".

Don

10. mike g35

mike g35

The Carver mount is the best out there as is the Carver comps, guiderods, magwells, etc. I hope you get one to see for yourself. Just so you know you can use the Carver Hunter mount with a Cmore Slideride and you don't have to modify the slide. Myself I am switching to a G22 with all Carver Custom parts installed (comp, magwell, etc.) but I am using the Competition mount with the new Mini-rail and a Cmore STS. I will have to take the sights off and install the slide racker but no lowering of the ejection port will be necassary. The STS is totally parallax free so I won't have to center the dot in the lens to hit my target either. Sounds like a very fast rig doesn't it? Thats what I suggest for you.