Glock Talk banner

OIS - Footage taken from the bodycam of Palestine Police Sgt. Gabriel Green

4724 Views 57 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  KiloBravo
I tried search and couldn't find that this had been posted yet.

Things can happen quickly...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
10,640 Posts
Uh. Wow. Hang on. Trying to get my heart rate down a little.

Ok. The male officer was pretty sharp. Even the subtle pushing the silver wear away as they walked out.

Suspect was smart enough to get ahead of them for a sec so they couldn't see the gun when he drew.

I can't believe he didn't shoot the female officer. Looks like she shoved, may have been enough to break his thought process for a sec.

His reaction at grabbing him then Realizing he had a gun and went for his own gun was remarkably fast.

She did bounce back and had her gun as she ran back up.

· Registered
10,640 Posts
Apparently she had a camera also.

Looks like she initially grabbed taser, dropped it, went gun.

And got a few rounds off.

And, it was a BB gun. (Not that it matters at all).

Reactions: 4949shooter

· Registered
45,276 Posts
And that is why sometime BG's are sometimes shot in the back also. He was rolling a bit.

Great job by the officers. Really quick response.

Reactions: cowboywannabe

· Registered
2,272 Posts
Thanks, Sgt. I looked at her bodycam footage in slow motion because it looked at first glance like she drew her weapon quickly but didn't fire and then brought it back up and fired two shots after the suspect went down. However, upon closer examination it almost appears that she drew her Taser first, dropped it, and then drew her duty weapon.

In any case I am very glad for the outcome.

· Registered
436 Posts
Thanks, Sgt. I looked at her bodycam footage in slow motion because it looked at first glance like she drew her weapon quickly but didn't fire and then brought it back up and fired two shots after the suspect went down. However, upon closer examination it almost appears that she drew her Taser first, dropped it, and then drew her duty weapon.

In any case I am very glad for the outcome.
Thank god the dead bad guy wasn't black or the MSM would find a way to spin it that another black man was shot dead by racist cops

· Cuhootnified Roamer
11,895 Posts
Good reaction. He didn't even sound flustered speaking afterward. Sharp officer, cool under pressure.

Reactions: pspez

· U S Veteran
2,472 Posts
Way to go. Were those 9mm's the cops blasted him with?.

· Premium Member
4,128 Posts
Kudos to the officers. By our Department standards, they would have gotten dinged for the lackadaisical manner in which they handled the suspect leading up to the shooting. One of the things our officers get judged by are tactics leading up to the shooting, and our Department would have probably found that the officers should have patted him down and cuffed him rather than walk outside with him first.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the shooting, but I don't like to have uncuffed suspects walking out behind me, no matter what they did.

· Registered
10,640 Posts
SAR, devils advocate, rather a shootout in the parking lot than inside a restaurant.

If he had ID, he might have walked with a citation.

But, I can make an argument either way.

· Premium Member
4,128 Posts
SAR, devils advocate, rather a shootout in the parking lot than inside a restaurant.

If he had ID, he might have walked with a citation.

But, I can make an argument either way.
I gotcha.. I'm still dazed at a recent shooting we had where a suspect tried to take the officer's gun, and the shooting came back out of policy with the officers being told, "shouldn't have stopped the suspect in the first place because he didn't do anything wrong." Sign of the times I guess....

As to your devil's advocate statement... The suspect had the gun in his pocket the whole time. For that reason, the suspect chose the time to draw the weapon. It could have happened just as well in the bathroom. The longer you have contact with an unsearched suspect, the greater the opportunities you present to him. I teach my guys to at least pat down on first contact.

· Registered
10,640 Posts
No argument. Generally, a quick pat down at first contact.

· Registered
29,870 Posts
This had to a suicide by cop. Glad the officers are OK.

· Banned
25,596 Posts
Good shooting. Maybe guy shot female but BBs don't do much hitting a vest. [emoji1].
The guy was fast on the gun and lit him up with the light and a green laser?

· Why so serious?
45mm 9ACP
69,065 Posts
Dead guys brother told the media he was turning his life around.

Reactions: DonGlock26

· Premium Member
CLM #38
10,892 Posts
Outstanding response to the threat, even if the tactics re; frisk were a little bit lacking. Perspective is everything. When I viewed the male officers video first my perception was that the female did not engage. Once I saw her video it was apparent that she fumbled a taser and then went to gun with enough time to get into the fight. Excellent job by both officers, but even a single camera was not enough to give the full lfavor of how the whole incident went down.

The two camera review also is a good teaching lesson for young officers/investigators who can't understand sometimes how two witnesses to the same incident can have wildly opposing stories. This would make an excellent training video for that topic.

Reactions: TBO

· Cover is Code 3
4,260 Posts
Dead guys brother told the media he was turning his life around.
I saw him turn around at least once.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts