Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Blue pitbull
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My cousin is 42 years old and has a charge of aggravated menacing on his record from 22 years ago when he was 20. Will he have a problem with getting his ccw permit with that 22 year old charge? It was a misdemeanor charge. I tried to look it up for him and I found something that said if you had been charged with that in the last 3 years then you can't get your ccw. Can anyone give me some insight on this issue? Thanks, Paul

·
Blue pitbull
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try having him call the local SO and see what they say.
Thats a good idea, he is a good guy he never had anything but a traffic ticket since. He stopped drinking long ago and the alcohol was a big part of that incident he had 22 years ago. He sure does get jealous when he knows i'm carrying :tongueout:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yea, the misdeameanor should not be a disqualifier, but as ArodJohn said, the SO is your best source for an answer.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Read the application, it is not a disqualifer. The big DQs are prior drug convictions, felony convictions, recent assault convictions and of course, domestic violence convictions. All of the potential DQs are on the application. If you can buy a firearm through a NICS check then you are pretty much qualified for a CHL.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thats a good idea, he is a good guy he never had anything but a traffic ticket since. He stopped drinking long ago and the alcohol was a big part of that incident he had 22 years ago. He sure does get jealous when he knows i'm carrying :tongueout:
I apologize if that came out snotty, I didn't intend it as such. :)

But yes, I'd give them a call. Ask to speak to their CCW guy (if they have a specific officer assigned to doing them).

Have a good weekend bud. :wavey:

·
Blue pitbull
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I apologize if that came out snotty, I didn't intend it as such. :)

But yes, I'd give them a call. Ask to speak to their CCW guy (if they have a specific officer assigned to doing them).

Have a good weekend bud. :wavey:
No problem at all ArodJohns, he called Friday and they checked his record when he was on the phone they said he is fine, only if that had happened in the past 3 years it would stop him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts