close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Oh *****...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by YtownGlock, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

I got my Ohio CHL June 2011 and not a few weeks after I had it, I had one of those "Oh *****" feelings. Some background information before I get into the story though.

I have lived in the same house all my life. The neighborhood I live in was a really great place to live up until about 10 years or so ago when some people started to move away and "certain types of people" from the city started to move in. Now, the neighborhood hasn't gone to hell to the point where I want to move away, but it is slowly getting there. Behind the house I live in, there is this apartment building behind it, which is home to a variety of different characters ranging from white trash to gangbangin punks (or wannabes).

Now, I'm not racist, but there are certain people of certain races that just cannot act like human beings or behave like civilized people in public.

Now two of these certain individuals decided one day to stand in my driveway relatively close to my garage and front door. My father was driving and I was riding shotgun. I had my Glock 23 Gen4 in an owb holster locked and loaded. I had a plaid dress shirt on covering the gun. As we pulled into our driveway and saw these two guys standing there I go that "Oh *****" feeling in my gut. My father put the car in park and rolled down his window as I stepped out of the car and stood behind the car door while simultaneously drawing my weapon and keeping it close to my side so that they could not see it. I asked, "Are you lost?" They replied, "Naw we ain't lost yo, we's waitin' on our girls, we live behind you." I replied, "You're on private property, LEAVE." As they slowly walked away, I kept an eye on them while my dad went inside the house. I continued to stay behind the door of the car while bringing my glock in front of me, still out of sight in the low ready position. The entire time my eyes focused on their waistbands and hands.

Anyone else have a similar situation? Thoughts, comments?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  2. cdog533

cdog533 Zombie Killer

[​IMG]

3. nmk

nmk

Two guys standing in your driveway answered your question and immediately complied with your request to leave....

You felt it was necessary to draw your weapon because they were different from you...

Nope. Never been in that situation.

ETA: I fed it, didn't I? Sorry, everyone.

4. skanless

skanless IPA ISLAND

Which group of races are you referring to? Also, only racist say "i'm not racist, but"..........

5. Ian Moone

Ian Moone

6. mdsn969

mdsn969

In before the lock :whistling:

7. CU4X4N

CU4X4N 5th of November

[​IMG]

8. dango

dango

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. Dubble-Tapper

Dubble-Tapper

something tells me you wont have that permit very long...

10. M.O.A.

M.O.A. Gen 2 Junkie

11. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

You don't have a duty to retreat if you are on your own property. And like I said, I drew it in a manner so that they never saw that I had a gun. I'm not trigger happy, my finger was on the slide the entire time, wasn't like I was waiting for them to give me a reason to blow them away. Just rather be safe than sorry.

12. kaboom336

kaboom336

You are lucky they did not see the weapon....you could have been charged with menacing....at least in NY

There was no threat.....2 people on your property is not an immediate threat to life or property....they were not doing anything and it's not trespassing until you have asked them to leave....you did and they complied....

You need to learn the laws for deadly force or the threat of deadly force in your jurisdiction.....

This could have gone ugly in many ways....:wavey:

13. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

14. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

Well since that incident, I have been better educated and better informed on how to handle such situations if they should ever arise again in the future. We all do stupid things, we all make mistakes, we're human.

It's coming up on a year in a few months that this has happened. I have undergone 600+ hours of a variety of training courses and classes to make myself a more responsible and mature permit holder.

15. vart

vart

16. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

And then there's certain people who draw a lethal weapon just because someone of the "wrong" skin color is standing in their driveway...

:upeyes:

17. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

What phrase is most often followed by a racist comment? "Now, I'm not racist but..."

18. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

I sincerely hope that your 600+ hours of training included some racial sensitivity classes.

Just sayin'

19. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

I know it was stupid, I realized that immediately after it happened. I know the laws for deadly force, I was just uneasy, I didn't know these two guys, I didn't know what their intentions were, for all I know, they could have been waiting to jump me and/or my dad. The problem was, I over thought the situation and took an action that could have gone ugly.

20. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

It did

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.