Oh! SNAP!

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by geminicricket, Aug 8, 2007.

1. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

Drat!

I am 45 years old. I have been overweight and obese essentially all my life. At 2 years old I weighed more than my 4 year-old brother. It's not been a contest since then.

For 24 years my work has been to sit in a chair and drive a mouse.

From as far back as I can remember, I hated chiropractors.

My mother was hypochondriac and addicted to a wide variety of prescription really hard dope and to her chiropractor.

I also grew up thinking that Dr.s of all varieties were little more than licensed murderous hacks.

Entering adulthood, there was exactly one doctor, an osteopath named Tyska in Irving, TX, whom I respected in his profession. Why? Because he refused to accommodate my mother's demands for prescriptions of a wide variety of really hard dope to extend her jag.

So, I avoided doctors and chiropractors. Osteopaths, too, for that matter.

So now I have 2 deformed vertebrae and a dangerously thin disk. One each in neck, middle back, and lower lumbar.

24 years of full-time work in the semiconductor industry. Good insurance. Waited until my wife was so creaky that her friends recommended her to go to the chiro, then found that I had good insurance for chiro, then found that she was very bad off. Then, as if only after talking to a burning bush before coming to Jesus, I scheduled a comprehensive chiro exam for myself.

Bad off for me too. Darn!

Right now, I'm at about 30% loss of motion. I can sit and work. I'll be under chiro care for the rest of my life just to stay in the same bad shape I'm in now, to keep it from getting worse.

This is what I got myself for my anger with docs and chiros arising from my mother's addictions and early demise.

Oh, yeah, for the docs story, here is. Had a problem with skin, went to a doc, measured my bp at 140/100. It's been creeping up to high for the last couple of years. Now I'm on an ACE inhibitor and the bp is almost back to normal. There's no telling how many years of my potentially long life I've thrown away because of anger issues.
    That particular skin problem cleared up, now another is under treatment by a dermatologist. It's not cancer, but it's stubborn.

Dammit!

If you are young and think you are always going to be in perfect health, and you know I'm talking about you,

Get a comprehensive chiro exam before you get to the point where you cannot be put back together again!

2. DBradD

DBradD Guest

Don't know what to say. Hang in there dude.

3. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

Brad, nothing much to say.

Talking to some church ladies tonight, I said, "The only difference between today and last week is that now I have a name for how I feel."

It was just neglect and oversight, overweening pride and hubris that got me here.

Oh well, it could be worse. It won't get worse through neglect.