Oh my lord a Stomach flu from He**

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by W420Hunter, Jan 14, 2010.

1. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

Ok so I had a really bad Stomach flu. For a full 6 hours nothing but pukeing every 30-45 mins. It was bad dry heaves hole 9 yards. Hell I started drinking water just so the heaves where not as bad. It took me a while but I got some sleep an am holding water an food down. Now comes to the reason of my post. I had the dry heaves so hard my chest is killing me. I dont even have to breath for it to hurt. Any one know of anything that can help with the pain? An for that matter what to eat that would be mild? Ive had a cheese sandwitch but I need more then that I think.

2. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus

Chicken noodle soup
    toast with *little* butter
    Mashed potatoes

think mild stuff that ain't heavy. Even chicken broth will work if the noodles make you whoopsy. Lots of water, Gatorade or ginger ale if you can handle it.

Small sips/bites of everything, wait a bit, all things in moderation, even if you're starving.

3. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

4. security79

security79 Gene Frenkle

I feel for ya. I had the same thing last year. First thing that went was my spaghetti dinner. It was 6 months or better before I ate spaghetti again. Lots of liquids so you don't dehydrate and soup.

5. StanA

StanA Millennium Member

This!

6. JASV.17

JASV.17 Prime Example

"How about a nice, greasy, pork sandwich, served in a dirty ashtray".

All Chet quotes aside, I've been there. I'll never forget it. Waiting for my flight at the Philly airport. By the time the plane came, and I took my seat in the back...it really hit. I looked for a puke bag. None to be found. It got worse. I knew I wasn't going to make it. I puked all the way off the plane, all the way up the gate, at the ticket counter, all over. It was one of the most horrible experiences of my life. That's the short version.

7. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

It sucks sence then Ive not had more then an hours sleep at a time. I cant sleep on my back never could, the side mades my chest hurt an on my belly makes me feel like I'm going to puke again. I'm so going to slap my friend ****-less for haveing me come hang out in a house full of sick people an not telling me till I got there.

8. RichJ

RichJ

I had that last week. I heard it was going around. I started chucking at 4:30 in the a.m. Stayed in bed with a 5 gallon bucket on deck. Every hour or so I'd chuck some more. Finally at about five p.m. it stoped. By seven I was out of bed and right as rain. Almost 12 hours exactly. Weird bug.

9. NW-Warlord

NW-Warlord

That bug went around my families house in California around Christmas. It was ugly, people were dropping like Charlie in a bad Vietnam movie. Somehow I escaped the wrath of the illness, but everyone else got sick'r than a dog.

10. groovyash

groovyash

I had the same thing almost exactly a year ago. Worst I had been sick in probably 15 years. I threw up so much my back hurt for days after I got over it. The bad news, however, is that it lasted a good 5 days. Hope yours goes faster than mine!

11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

I'll tell you what works EVERY time, and this is NOT a joke.

Don't eat or drink anything for a couple of hours (make sure your stomach is empty).
    Do ONE full shot of super-chilled vodka. Do NOT chase it with ANYTHING. Just sit back and enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling you will be getting.
    Don't eat or drink anything for at least two hours after that. Then you'll feel like a brand-new person.

GUARANTEED to get you back on your feet and tap dancin' down Broadway!

I know, I know...you're sick, and the last thing you're thinking about is drinking alcohol. Even thinking about it seems to make you sicker. Believe me, I've been there many times.
    But this trick really works.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  12. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

1 jigger of Scotch. Kills the bug.

7up

Chicken noodle soup cures everything.

toast for sure.

13. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Icky, hope you're back on your feet fully in record time.

14. PrincessCelica

PrincessCelica

I got smacked hard by a bug that made the rounds through my ENTIRE family. (Which is unheard of... There's always at least ONE person who escapes... But mom, dad, all 3 brothers, older brother's spouse, niece all got hit. I even gave it to my boyfriend...) Everyone was washing their hands like crazy, so it must have been an airborne thing. Arrived around dinner time, and by the next morning, I had it.

First 2 days straight, both ends simultaneously. Couldn't even hold down water. The vomiting stopped after day 2, but it took 7 days from day 1 to start to feel normal again. You just felt queasy. And you'd be hit with alternating rounds of either constipation or diarrhea. It was miserable. Worst illness of my life.

I hope you feel better. I have found that if I'm feeling nauseous, sleeping sitting up helps. The first thing I was able to stomach during that flu was cheese and crackers. The protein in the cheese will give you some strength, and the crackers will settle your stomach. If you're not still throwing up, milk will help coat your stomach and relieve nausea. Or else I highly recommend Equate's anti-nausea syrup. Water is also good to get you hydrated.

15. lee2

lee2

Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) for the pain.
    stay away from alcohol as it will only dehydrate you more.
    hope you feel better.:wavey:

16. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Normally I would agree but we are talking about ONE shot of vodka, to kill off the bug...allowing the virus to go on and on will result in even worse dehydration. Gotta make killing it a priority, only then can the body recover.

17. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

Im back on my feet ish. Had to wrap a thurmacare around my chest from the pain an I dont feel 100% but once that heat wrap did its thing I felt 50% better.But it kind of feels odd never had anything this high on my chest before lol.

18. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus

Something that might help with strained muscles is hot bath with a couple of cups of Epsom Salts. They're about a buck a package at the dollar store. That stuff works good for sore muscles.

19. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

wow never came to mind, my grandparents left a few box's here as well as about 50 years of trash lol.

20. KenBGlock19

KenBGlock19 SEMPER PARATUS

Had the same thing a week ago. It was God awful...hang tough, broseph. Gatorade and crackers. Don't leave the immediate toilet area, either.