Oh boy.... they`re going after Wayne - NRA

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Intolerant, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Detectorist

Detectorist

You're kidding, right?

2. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? CLM Millennium Member

Of course it's a political ploy to attack R's and 2A supporters!

The NRA has enemies - this isn't news to anyone. It should be obvious to even the dumbest person on earth that even minor hints of financial impropriety will have NY regulators crawling up the NRA's ass with a microscope, and that they're frothing at the bit to do so.

What you'd hope for is that the NRA could show their well-organized books, signed off on by reputable auditors, with every action they've taken done in perfect accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, paperwork done correctly and the whole immaculate package tied up in a bow and shoved up the NYAG's ass.

But that doesn't seem to be how the NRA has approached their job. At all. Not even a little bit.

Wayne and crew appear to have gone FAR out of their way to give regulators reason and opportunity to haul out their Proctoscope and go to town on the NRA, its officers and just about everything else they've touched. Unfortunately, it sure sounds like everything Oliver North said (and much more) is true, and the NYAG found everything they'd hoped for and more.

I'm 100% confident that all this has made the NYAG so happy that her pee is fizzing with joy at the golden political opportunity to cripple the NRA, put one or more of its leadership in prison, and just maybe get the NRA dissolved entirely.

I see no evidence whatsoever that Wayne made any effort to make this a difficult prosecution for the State. He seems to have done everything but build himself a private canal with NRA donor money, so he can float into the front gates of Sing Sing.

3. cbetts1

cbetts1

If you get a chance, find this book. Terry Reed was hired by North to train the rebel pilots at a airport in Mena, Arkansas. A guy by the name of Bill Clinton was governor and fully aware of the drug running at that time. Barry Seal was running into Mena at that time. The face of the operation, Oliver North who was reporting to the White House.
    Compromised.png

Intolerant likes this.
  4. norton

norton

I really don't care how much money Wayne has made. All I know is, if it were not for the NRA you and I would be shooting restricted power pellet guns like they do in the U.K.
    The NRA is not a charitable organization. They are an effective deterrent to politicians-almost all Democrats-who would disarm the populace. They do our bidding, and if they cut corners while doing it so be it. Scoreboard is all that counts in the end.

5. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

I a
    I agree with this 100%. But we have to clean up our mess. And there is a mess. To deny its affecting the organization is preposterous. Yep...short term the politics matter... But the long term viability and effectiveness of the organization that I love and support is what's at stake here. I've had personal dealings with LaPierre and can tell you without reservation he has one and only one focus....and it ain't the NRA.

Jonesee, aircarver and Caver 60 like this.
  6. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? CLM Millennium Member

If you don't care how much money Wayne has stolen from decent conservatives who contributed thinking their money was going to a cause they cared deeply about, I don't have much else to say.

Wrong is wrong, and stealing ~$50m in contributions is dead, flat wrong. If we disagree on that, I'm thrilled to be on this side of that line.

K. Foster, nmk, Bish1309 and 4 others like this.
  7. MGGLOCK9

MGGLOCK9

The NRA itself is incorporated in NY-true since it's founding...

8. MGGLOCK9

MGGLOCK9

How does he stay?

9. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Al Gore's "home state" was Washington DC. He was born there and grew up there with his dad.

"Gore was born on March 31, 1948, in Washington, D.C.,[10] the second of two children of Albert Gore Sr., a U.S. Representative who later served for 18 years as a U.S. Senator from Tennessee, and Pauline (LaFon) Gore, one of the first women to graduate from Vanderbilt University Law School.[11] Gore is a descendant of Scots-Irish immigrants who first settled in Virginia in the mid-17th-century and moved to Tennessee after the Revolutionary War.[12] His older sister Nancy LaFon Gore died of lung cancer.[13]

During the school year he lived with his family in The Fairfax Hotel in the Embassy Row section in Washington D.C.[14] During the summer months, he worked on the family farm in Carthage, Tennessee, where the Gores grew tobacco and hay[15][16] and raised cattle.[17]

Gore attended St. Albans School, an independent college preparatory day and boarding school for boys in Washington, D.C., from 1956 to 1965, a prestigious feeder school for the Ivy League.[18][19] He was the captain of the football team, threw discus for the track and field team, and participated in basketball, art, and government.[11][14][20] He graduated 25th in a class of 51, applied to Harvard and was accepted.[18][19]"

10. MGGLOCK9

MGGLOCK9

i am so torn. I used to send them a lot of money but the last 6 months it has all done to the RNC, NRSC and NRCC. (And some individually to Martha McSalley and John James.)

Is there an effective 2A group to contribute to?
    Everytime now that I see a picture of Wayne with his perfectly knotted $500 tie I want to throw up.

slackercruster likes this.
  11. evlbruce

evlbruce

The NRA is run by a gang of thieves; one hand washes the other. Who they didn't buy they fired.

Jonesee and slackercruster like this.
  12. slackercruster

slackercruster

Born L.A. - NYC 2nd Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
    Only way to get him out is withhold $$.

13. Acujeff

Acujeff

Then why didn't the IRS find anything?

I suppose you believed the Democrat allegations against Kavanaugh, Moore and the four years of Russian collusion, Ukraine corruption and all the other constant lies against Trump. Democrat allegations are just political bullying.

Your rantings are emotional and circular - if there are allegations there must be "reasons". If there are reasons than the allegations must be true.

That's not the truth or the proof. Other than you hate La Pierre you are not adding any validation of the lawsuit.

Here's what we do know:

NYS Attorney General Letitia James ran on a platform in 2019 to oppose and defeat President Trump. She's the most left wing Attorney General in NY history.

The NRA is the most effective political lobbying organization in the US.

The purpose of the lawsuit is to "dissolve the NRA". AG James has announced she wants to take NRA funds and assets and distribute them to leftist causes.

The previous NYS AG, Eric Schneiderman, reported he was pressured by Democrat leaders to bring down the NRA. They blamed the NRA for helping elect Trump in 2016 and wanted to block them in 2020.

Democrat political lies, and investigation and lawsuit abuse is extensive and well documented. You want to support them - thanks for letting us know where you stand. But it's not in the best interests of gun owners.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    Gray Dood, OttoLoader and Maxx702 like this.
  14. OXMYX

OXMYX

The Communists are ripping their hair out trying to find a way to get rid of Trump.

Mueller the Special prosecutor
    Impeachment
    Covid - and don't tell me this was a lab mistake
    Riots and fake racism

Let's see what happens next, it's gonna be big.

Bish1309, aircarver and Maxx702 like this.
  15. Maxx702

Maxx702 Rottweilers making America great again!

Does anyone here really not understand this is about taking down the NRA and our Second Amendment rights? They have even stated they are seeking to have the NRA dissolved or at least strip them of their status as a non profit organization.

They don't give a rats ass about corruption or how money was managed. If they did maybe they would look at where those millions of dollars corporations are throwing at BLM.

So the end game here is the NY AG is seeking to severely hamper the NRA's fundraising ability in New York State, start a media frenzy attacking the NRA and give other left wing state governments the recipe to do the same, potentially bringing the NRA to its knees.

I'm not a Wayne LaPierre advocate. He hasn't done much to instill confidence in the NRA's current leadership.
    BUT:
    I don't give much credibility at all to these anti NRA stories running in the already NRA hating media. I give zero credibility to the politicized NY Attorney General's office.

Wake up folks.

Gray Dood and OttoLoader like this.
  16. Sgt127

Sgt127

Worked for the Boy Scouts. A shell of its former self.

One more thing that needs dismantling from the left.

flyover likes this.
  17. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

100%

Caver 60 likes this.
  18. tool-time

tool-time

They are going after the NEA. Wayne is just the excuse.

19. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan NRA Life Member.

Only thing gone is an educated membership. The NRA's biggest problem for several years has been recruiting these bottom of the barrel wishy "what evers" and begging them all to join.

First wrong word or missing their participation trophy and they run like a herd of cattle to jump the fence and join the lefty Democrats. "Oh boo hoo. I been a member for 6 months and Wayne didn't invite me to his birthday party."

20. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan NRA Life Member.

Do you even give the slightest thought to what you are saying or talking about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letitia_James