Oh boy.... they`re going after Wayne - NRA

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Intolerant, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

There ya go!

2. Gauss Rifle

Gauss Rifle

Wayne, Paul Payne and the other crooked executives need to be stripped of their wealth and jailed.

That money needs to go back where it belongs; either back in the hands of the donors or into a fund that pays for lawsuits against politicians and government entities who violate the Second Amendment.

slackercruster and Detectorist like this.

3. naughtymoose

naughtymoose

Not a fan of Wayne or the NRA. They decided to sell us out in 1986 and have become a bloated, corrupt organization. However doing this during an election year the move from the left nrasellout.jpg may have unintended consequences.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  4. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

I'm glad you are not in charge.

5. G19Cfan

G19Cfan

This is a good point. If the aim of the NYAG is to bankrupt the NRA, there really isn't much that can be done. New York has deeper pockets. Should our money be thrown down the drain if the outcome is all but assured.

Allen West would make an excellent EVP.

I suppose "Black Rifles Matter" would be a bad idea?

I think thst would change...quickly. All the NRA supporters would then flock to the GOA and it would then have the resources of both. That would attract a lot of attention. Learning from this debacle, they would keep their noses clean.

Hef, Intolerant and FullClip like this.
  6. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

Yeah, I don't think she has thought this through...

Rotn1, Intolerant and Ramjet38 like this.
  7. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

Ding! Ding! Ding!

8. Will-21

Will-21 You Breed 'Em, YOU Feed 'Em!

I need another "Rosie" t-shirt from GOA. Not giving NRA any more of my money.

9. Hef

Hef

"In charge" of what?

10. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Yes. And of course the timing of this, less than 90 days before the election, is purely coincidental.

Do ya think that they (NY politicians) think the NRA will have to spend funds on this, rather than all things related to the election of pro-2A candidates (who are generally conservative/republican)?

aircarver, flyover and Caver 60 like this.
  11. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

You all need to read the charges. If even half of its true Wayne and the rest of the senior execs and BOD need to step down immediately. It appears that Wayne has received between 40 and 70 Million dollars over the years from the NRAs PR Firm. The money was funneled through the PR firm and billed to the NRA as business expenses and paid for vacations to the Bahamas, Hungary and other places and paid for millions of dollars of clothes gifts and services for the LaPierre's. This was how it was hidden from the Board and the organization. Now I'm not an accountant. But there's a limit to what you can claim and write off as operating expenses before it becomes taxable income. And if this is true he is guilty of tax fraud on a grand scale. Wayne also apparently established a severance package for himself worth $17 million without the approval of the Board or even other senior execs. C'mon...

nmk, aircarver, IamtheNRA and 2 others like this.
  12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

If they succeed, within 15 years your gun rights will make you wish you had the freedom that they have in New Jersey now.

In the gun rights fight, there's the NRA and then there's a few alphabet clubs that take your money and don't have the power to do anything, even if they tried.

13. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

100% correct.

NOBODY else has affiliates, clubs, and lobbyists in all 50 states. Even the blue ones. And if you think GOA, JPFO, NSSF, et al are going to suddenly bloom into the role in time to forestall the assault that's coming...that lakefront property in the Mojave is calling your name.

Just my $.02.

14. Intolerant

Intolerant

Your right my friend, but i dont have 15yrs of life left, not even close. But i`ll give it everything i got, to protect whats left of my life. This old boy wont go down without one hell of a fight.

Bish1309, ROGER4314, flyover and 2 others like this.
  15. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

The United Way has been hit with just this sort of scandal over the years yet the organization exists and there is no talk of ending it.

We all know what this is about. The Left hates the NRA.

Al Gore lost his home state of Tennessee and with it the Presidential election thanks to the NRA. The NRA had the power to wreck an anti-gun politician.

16. Acujeff

Acujeff

One has to wonder that if there was such massive fraud for all these years - why didn’t the IRS find it? The IRS annually watchdogs charitable and political organizations. The Obama/Biden administration had no hesitation weaponizing the IRS to hobble conservative groups and individuals. Yet they apparently found no malfeasance at the NRA. But a Soros sponsored anti 2A Democrat state AG found massive amounts? Yeah, that’s the ticket!

The last four years of outrageous Democrat accusations against Judge Roy Moore, Kavanaugh, and Trump makes me dubious.

There is no doubt they are motivated to undermine the NRA's effectiveness and credibility in a Presidential Election. It doesn’t matter to the Democrats if the charges are false because we won’t know until after the election.

While the NRA has 5-6 million members, polls consistently show that at least 30-50 million additional voters, support and vote with the NRA. NRA’s political clout comes from voters.

If the anti-2A left can make members and voters withdraw their support from the NRA than they win in Nov. and we lose. I have no doubt that is their agenda.

For this reason these attacks should unite gun owners, not divide. The NRA is bigger and more important than any issues with La Pierre and still our best defense against the much more substantial anti-2A forces.

If you don’t want to support the NRA administration until the facts are substantiated, then designate your contributions exclusively to the Political Victory Fund or the Institute for Legislative Action. We need to win in November.

17. railfancwb

railfancwb

Understand her campaign for office included a promise to take NRA down. That might bite her big time.

aircarver, Jack Ryan and Intolerant like this.
  18. TeaDub

TeaDub

The die is cast in this election cycle. The NRA case won't be close to finished before Nov. People on both sides will make of these events as they will. Longer term, we can do better than LaPierre.

Is the fight for gun rights so threadbare that no one would take up the gauntlet in a free market with defined, legal rights?

If so, we are lost already.

aircarver likes this.
  19. railfancwb

railfancwb

I just got an offer to become a National Patriot or some such for $250 per year,payable quarterly if I wish. Think I might get a medallion

20. railfancwb

railfancwb

I’m not certain about all this, but I do remember the speed with which NRA offered up the bump stock.