Glock Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried posting in the general firearms forum and got nothing so I'll try here :p

I've got a bulgy 74 with a npz mount and po 3.5x17p scope. Great mount and scope but lacks in quick target acquisition because of the low FOV of the scope. My question is, would it be possible to mount an offset red dot in front of the scope on the rail? As you can see in the pics, there's plenty of room on the rail but mounting an offset red dot might get in the way of the charging handle and/or extraction of the casing, there's about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of space.
[/URL][/URL]
[/URL]

Tried google searching and can't find ANYTHING whatsoever with offset sights on ak's. Plenty of offset's on ar15's, but no ak's. Makes me think it's something that can't be done...

·
NRA Patron Member, Blue Knights Member
684 Posts
Nice rifle!. What you could do is replace the top handguard with a railed gas tube.
Then install a right or left hand 45 degree offset with a red dot attached to it. I would go with the left hand veraion to allow rounds better ejection in a down ward direction. Lots of options

Reactions: jp3975
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.