close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Official proposes bullet tax to curb Chicago crime

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Padre, Oct 18, 2012.

1. frizz

frizz

"You can't make decisions based on the basis of whether or not somebody's going to sue you or then you'll never do anything"

Potential litigation is a concern for any person with a brain when making a decision. She doesn't seem concerned about the legality of this tax, either.

2. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

What would be the legal implications of a tax on ammo?

I believe a massive tax on ammo will be imposed as an end-run around the 2nd Amendment in the years to come.

The government and courts are too corrupted to see it for what it is and recognize such a tax as a de facto infringement on the 2nd.

With the Supreme Court decision regarding the "health care" legislation, taxation explicitly and specifically as social control has been legitimized in the eyes of the public at large.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  3. JBnTX

JBnTX Ruckmanite

You're right. A big tax on the sale of both guns and ammo would be an effective alternative to anti-gun legislation.

And would have just about the same effect on crime.
    That is, zero effect on crime.

4. Psychman

Psychman NRA Patriot Life Member

I better check to make sure I have enough reloading components on hand!!

5. IGotIt

IGotIt No Demlibtards

Preckwinkle (say that three times really fast), quotes in the article "The legal gun shops in suburban Cook County are a conduit for crimes in Chicago. There's no way around it."

When was the last time you were in a local gun shop standing in line to buy ammo and gang thugs were there making purchases?

This farce is being perpetrated on citizens in an attempt to further the liberals cause to remove firearms from their constituents, and also causing hardship on the law abiding gunshops and gun dealers in Cook County and the State of Illinois.

Enact more laws or allow police to vigorously enforce the laws already on the books directed at the cause of the problem which are the useless dregs on society. Constant police presence in the affected areas will not stop the violence, but it will put a damper on it.

6. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Jive Tiger

7. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Correct me if I'm wrong; but, I do believe the U.S. Supreme Court has already ruled that it is illegal for government to use the power of taxation to either punish people or restrict private enterprise.

If you want something to really worry about may I suggest the growing power of the President to issue, 'executive orders'. Roosevelt started doing this during the Second World War. Later on Nixon picked up the ball and began running, pell-mell, with it. (The Constitution be damned!)

Ever since the Clinton Administration, the American presidency has been issuing a veritable flood of constitutionally unjustified, 'executive orders' which - when you come right down to it - give the American President effective and so far unchallenged dictatorial authority.

(But, I guess there's nothing to really worry about - Huh!)

8. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

That would be news to smokers.

9. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Yea....the honest citizen has to pay for the crappy job they have done controlling crime in their city.

10. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

I clicked on the link just to see what she looked like........I was right.

11. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Why not just cut to the chase and tax crime directly?

12. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

Add just another way to get their hands in your pockets . . . 2 birds, 1 stone.

13. JBnTX

JBnTX Ruckmanite

I did the same thing.
    I was right too!

:rofl:

14. Bullwinkle J Moose

Bullwinkle J Moose Quick! Duck!

I'd think a heavy tax on the births of out-of-wedlock babies would be more effective at taking criminals off the street, but hey, it's Chicago. They don't want to reduced crime, just reduce the number of Democrats getting shot when they commit them.

15. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

That will work about as well as the increased cigarette tax.

16. GAFinch

GAFinch

This has nothing to do with crime. A disarmed citizen is a subject.

17. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Yes, I see what you're saying. I was thinking of THIS

The thought has also occurred to me that punitive damages are NOT the same thing as punitive taxation. Interesting question! I do not think it can be decided on the Internet. ;)

18. Sveke

Sveke

Reminds me of Chris Rocks bit on how bullets should cost $5000 each. Haha

Morons.

Why can't there be better people to choose from for politicians?

It's dumb or dumber. Lose lose for everyone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

19. Kawabuggy

Kawabuggy

Misdirection is what this is. Wouldn't mandatory birth control for all who are on government support be a better solution? Of course we would not see the positive results until 10-20 years from now while the current thugs die off, or are incarcerated where they can't reproduce. That would END the cycle permanently as opposed to just making the new generation of thugs use a different weapon such as bats, or knives, or automobiles, or fists.

Why not FIX the problem instead of just hampering the rest of the law abiding citizens?

That begs the question, if it were mandatory that all who receive government support be on birth control, or be rendered sterile, how long would it take for the numbers on support to come down? If no future generations of entitlement babies are being born, wouldn't the #'s of people on support drop? Wouldn't this solve a lot of the problems we are having with violent crime, prison over-crowding, & too many people living off the government? Yes. I think so. I know Democrats will lose votes as a result, but what is more important padding the pockets of crooked politicians, or doing what is best for the country? I know, you'll never separate a crooked politician from the tax payers money. I was just trying to think positively for once.

Ultimately, I think controlling the birth rates of future thugs/entitlement babies will have the greatest impact on fixing all of the problems we face today with crime. Also, stopping the influx, and immediately deporting, all illegals. I know it's not politically correct to say these things out loud, but tell me I'm wrong.