Officer attacked outside of San Luis Obispo police station

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by thespork, Jun 10, 2020.

1. chiefjack

chiefjack

Paso Robles is where the shooting occurred. It was a San Luis Obispo County Sheriff Deputy and last word was he was "Serious but stable", the suspect has not been located, and downtown Paso Robles is still locked down.

This is a good source for information:

https://www.ksby.com/home/

1L26 likes this.

2. CAcop

CAcop

Paso Robles is along 101 between Salinas and Santa Barbara. Pretty much out away from major metropolitan areas. The Mid State Fair is there every summer. Huge event. Big name country stars will perform there. Lots of wineries and vineyards. I would recommend it over Napa if you don't mind driving far from the Bay or LA.

chiefjack and B C like this.
  3. 1L26

1L26

Texas! Come for vacation, leave on probation!

And liberal Cal Poly just down the road. Just up the road (Hwy 101) is King City... Wild little town or it used to be....

pgg00 and chiefjack like this.
  4. pgg00

pgg00

I went to high school in that area. Shame to see that happen

Top Glock10mm likes this.
  5. Deltic

Deltic

"Update: Sheriff says Paso Robles police attack was an ‘ambush,’ releases photos of suspect

Read more here: https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/crime/article243423496.html#storylink=cpy"

OK this is just a quibble but not every attack is an ambush. If you are going from one place to another and people have planned to attack you while you are moving down that road that is an ambush. If you are attacked at your home base that is not an ambush. If you raid some one else base and they shoot at you that is not an ambush. If you just happen to meet the other team and a fight breaks out that is not an ambush.
    Be safe out there, the nutcases are out in force.

WPGlocks and ranger1968 like this.
  6. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Suspect identified - a vagrant from the next county to the north. Social media reports are that he’s actively shooting again. I hope the officers are able to get a clear shot at him and end it.

CAcop and 1L26 like this.
  7. Triple Taps

Triple Taps

PLOT 1.): Several gang members or cop haters devise a plan to call 911 operator and request immediate help at supposedly a domestic violence situation, and gives the house address.

Two police units arrive on scene, go up to the door only to be caught in a hail of gunfire. There are several shooters. Two shooters behind the two police vehicles, and two more shooters to the officer's left and right, firing from behind a tree and a truck.

At least two shooters have rifles. The two officers put up a good fight until _____-.

I say that is an example of an premeditated ambush. The was no domestic violence occurring when the 911 call was made. It was staged to ambush the officers.

8. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    As someone who has been ambushed ( a bogus call which set me up to be attacked upon arrival) I agree with this assessment, and with the over use of the term, right up there with " active shooter" being used to describe every single shooting anymore....

9. Larry302

Larry302 Previously Sfaql

I have a scanner app on the phone , it just sent an alert 5,000 listening to that area . They are closing in on suspect , bearcats, drones and I think a plane in the search .

Shots have been fired during time Ive been listening . Right now one officer hit by gun fire , superficial leg wound they’re saying . Now some medic unit is 30 seconds out from a hospital with one with a stomach wound as well .

The suspect is down , possible second suspect on Easy St .

four hit three transported ,one being worked on at scene, unknown if this includes suspects

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  10. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Suspect is dead, as he deserves to be.

chiefjack, CAcop and ranger1968 like this.
  11. CAcop

CAcop

He's still not room temperature yet. Pretty warm on the central coast today.

12. chiefjack

chiefjack

Cooler that day than the day before.

Lower 90's yesterday, 102 or so the day before.