Office Chair Recommendation

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by BIGJC, Sep 26, 2020.

1. BIGJC

BIGJC

Time to get a new office chair. I'd really like to one that's comfortable this time. Sitting in one for 5 minutes at a store really doesn't tell you how it's going to feel in 2 or 3 hours. Any of you fine people own an office chair that you would highly recommend as far a comfort goes?

2. stk10767

stk10767

I sat in maybe 20? office chairs and ended up buying a gaming chair. It isn’t very professional looking, but it is really comfortable and it tall enough to support my head if I want to put it back on the headrest. Most other office chairs were shorter in the back.

3. nightnurse

nightnurse

I second the recommendation for a gaming chair. They are designed to be used for hours per day and provide great back and head support.

4. peng

peng

There is a reason you can buy some chairs for $49.99 at Office max, and others cost $800+.

Ergonomic chairs are superb for sitting and working for long periods but all chairs will feel nice for 5 minutes on the store floor.

The features I like are adjustable seat and arm height (it really helps with wrist angle during typing or mouse use), adjustable lumbar support, seat back angle and tip adjustment and swivel. Your body and eyes will thank you.

I think you can get a nice chair for $400-$500, you can certainly pay more.

Goggle is your friend, do your homework.

5. DoubleWide

DoubleWide

More of a review than a recommendation. I got the Realspace Cressfield in brown leather for around $200. I know they had a sale much later for $99. It's bonded leather but I haven't seen a problem with that. It's comfortable and looks nice. I use it 8 hours a day. I'm 250lb and somehow snapped a bolt that ties the arm into the seat. The design looks like a lot of pressure could be put in the bolt. I called them and they sent a new chair bottom and bolts.

Overall, I still like it. Comfortable. Good price.

A lot of chairs are not designed for 8-12 hours of use.

6. Ross-in-Pa

Ross-in-Pa Western Pa

Be sure it has a good headrest and leans back for naptime....