Office 200 and 2003

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by FLM, Mar 8, 2005.

1. FLM

FLM

My friend asked me to ask this question. She has Office 2000 and Office 2003 on her computer. She mostly uses 2003, but needs to use 2000 sometimes. When she tries to use 2000, it defaults to 2003. any suggestions?

2. NetNinja

NetNinja Always Faithful

?

How do you have both Office programs (versions) installed on the same computer?

I have never seen that done.

3. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

The problem could be a result of how the programs were installed. It could simply be that the newer version replaced the icons/shortcuts to the older version or it could have upgraded the entire program. Check to see if the shortcuts are pointing to the version she is trying to launch.

If you want to install and use more than one version of Office on the same computer, you must install the earliest version first. In order start with Office 97, 2000, XP and then 2003 and you have to do custom installs into different directories. In between installs you need to make sure that the shortcuts are in their own folders and it helps cut down on problems if you launch each program one time before starting the next install.

I have a business computer with all four versions running without any problems. Unless the computer is used for training loading all four versions is a waste of space as everything except Access is backward compatible.

4. Toyman

Toyman

Also, ask if she is launching the apps via a shortcut, or double-clicking documents to open it.

5. alm350

alm350 §T®ÈÈT¿ÐÈMOÑ

i thought 2003 would do everything 2000 would? just a differant layout.