close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Off shore boat

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by LovemyGlock's, Aug 21, 2004.

1. LovemyGlock's

LovemyGlock's

I am looking for a new boat. CC in the 22ft range. I have looked at Challenger, Pro-Line, Sea Hunt, Fish Master, Palm Beach, and Mako. I love the Mako but unfortunately $45,000 is more than I can spend. I am trying to decide on either the Sea Hunt or the Fish Master. Can anyone here help???^8

2. f1b32oPTic

f1b32oPTic R4d104c71v3

we took my buddys 23 foor sea cat out in 5-6' seas and i was very impressed with its rough water handeling...

he bought it used for about $40000
    it hade twin 4 strokes and did great on gas too
    we went out 12miles that day and was airborne about half the time

when we got out to 12mile rock off of wilmington NC the catamaran hull seemed to be riding alot smoother that alot of the mono hulls out there

3. Ziess

Ziess Non-Believer

Are you looking for a new or used boat?

If you don't mind going used (used is ok) I'd recommend a Hydra-Sports CC. We have had 3 of them over the last decade and I absolutely loved 'em. The last one was a 24' with a 250 Evinrude. Ran likea champ and was well built to boot. Nice lighted livewell, forward in deck lockers, full pulpit ... I could go on and on.

Here's a link to a sistership for sale. http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...&units=Feet&checked_boats=1206379&slim=quick&

If you want some good professional advice let me know, I've fished just about every CC out there. :)

4. gatorfish

gatorfish

Dusky!!!!

best bang for you buck out there.

Dusky

5. tinagrrl

tinagrrl

6. oceanwarrior

oceanwarrior

If you want a great offshore boat I`d like reccomend Seacraft boats.
    A new one is pricey so I`d look for a good used hull and repower it.
    I own a Seacraft 20 and love it for it`s performance in rough seas which we have most of the time.
    Seacraft`s variable deadrise hull is so good that when the patent ran out on it,many manufacturers came out with their own versions of it using different names!
    The 23 ft hull is also good,a friend owns one and will not part with it for any price and is on his third set of motors.
    Now for the rest of the story----I`m a real fan of Seacraft for one reason.
    On June 23,2001,my wife and I found the holy grail of offshore fishermen.
    We hooked and landed a Pacific Blue Marlin weighing a hefty 1,190 pounds on my 20 ft. Seacraft off Hilo,Hawaii.
    Had to tie it alongside like the old man and the sea but we got it home to the astonishment of all who saw it.
    I love my boat!

oceanwarrior