Off Duty Carry

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by jmg1170, Mar 30, 2012.

1. jmg1170

jmg1170

What and how do you carry off duty. I carry all the time. I made the choice years ago, that I would either carry full time or not at all. I just picked up a Kahr K9 Elite 98 which carries so nice in a IWB D Santis Holster.

2. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg

Same as on duty. OWB in a galco fletch, glock sport, tucker hf-1, serpa, or once in a while, iwb crossbreed.

3. Morris

Morris CLM

The only time I don't carry is when I fly and when I wander through the Magic Kingdom so I can be willfully robbed by a mouse.

4. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

EMP. The one in the middle.

Yaqui paddle or a DeSantis Nemesis or a cheap UM IWB. Or in my man purse.

[​IMG]

5. collim1

collim1

I carry 24/7.

I carry a P239 9mm OWB in a Don Hume H721 thumbreak. I carry a spare mag up front at 11:00.

On occasion I carry just my jframe in a pocket. Usually only when wearing dress clothes that require a tucked in shirt.

A Beltman or 5.11 belt handles the weight well.

[​IMG]

It angers me to see so many officers not carrying a weapon off-duty. I know a lot that just keep it in the truck or may carry occasionally. I made a promise to myself that I would never be caught without it.

6. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

I carry all the time out of the house and around 50% in my house.
    I carry a Glock 26
    Hornady critical defence ammo
    iwb- galco summer comfort
    owb- glock sport
    pocket- uncle mikes

7. CAcop

CAcop

Mostly these days it is a Springfield Compact (think Colt CCO) in a DeSantis Inner Piece IWB.

I have a P228 that I have been meaning to qual with that rides in the same make/model holster. I used to carry a P225 in that too. I might qual with that too soon.

I have also carried a Smith 3" M66 in either a Bianchi Tuxedo shoulder holster or a Bianchi #3 IWB. I love that gun. There is nothing so pleasing as a short barrelled K frame spitting fire from magnum loads.

8. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

95% of the time I carry a G23 in a HBE Com III and a 15 round G22 mag in a matching mag carrier. When I feel like something different I switch to a P228 in a Mitch Rosen Premier OWB and an extra 13 round mag.

Summer time is an M&P 340 in shorts pockets with GDHP and two speed strips on the weak side.

I carry at all times. No excuse not to now with the modern holsters and belts.

9. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

Bianchi carrylok or glock sport usually. What agency are you a police officer for and what gun and holster are you issued for duty?

10. CanIhaveGasCash

CanIhaveGasCash

I carry a Springfield EMP 40 IWB with a crossbreed supertuck.

11. Flatfoot

Flatfoot

One of two. either a Les Baer Custom Carry full size or a Smith and Wesson 442. I carry one or the other everywhere I go.

12. Bodyarmorguy

Bodyarmorguy

I carry 100% off-duty. My most common off-duty is a Colt Government Model customized by Jason Burton carried in a 5 Shot Leather IBS. Alternate off-duty is a Colt Officers ACP in the same set-up. If I absolutely cannot cover my waist, a Glock 27 in a Galco Ankle Glove.

13. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Glock 26 with a +2 on the magazine

OR

Kahr PM9 with second magazine in the coin pocket or on the belt.

I usually always carry in a crossbreed supertuck for both guns. If it's winter and I am wearing a few layers, I might use a leather OWB thumb snap holster. Carry all the time....goes on with the wallet. It's not a big deal once you get in the habit of doing it.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  14. DISCO SON

DISCO SON

In the winter I carry a M&P 45c in either a Biachi carrylok or a crossbreed supertuck, in summer a M&P 9c in same two holsters. Carry 24/7 never leave home without it.

15. HandyRake

HandyRake

99% of the time I will have my G27 with a +1 on it. Also have an LCP that gets used in the summer occasionally.

ETA: I carry in a CBST.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  16. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr Making lunch

There are a few guys I have never wanted to be. One of them is the guy that needs a gun but left it in the safe.

Our kids are out on their own now, but the wife and I are still here, and I still carry off duty. Lately, home or out shopping, I carry either my current duty P220, or a former duty 5906. We used to carry Glock 40's on duty, and the 357Sig versions have really caught my attention, with a G31 becoming my main off duty pistol pretty soon.

IWB holsters, mostly Blade Tech; and Lobo Gunleather makes a good pancake with thumb break that works well for me.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  17. herose

herose

Glock 19 in an IWB holster (minotaur)
    Two 15 rd spare mags. OWB mag pouch (my waistline will only take so much)
    loaded with winchester ranger 127gr +p+

Sometimes in real hot weather I'll carry my Kahr CW9 with two spare 8 rd mags loaded with Federal 9bple

18. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

Glock 22, same as on duty. I figure I just about have the gun figured out by now.

19. Sgt127

Sgt127

I don't have a choice on duty. I carry the issue Glock 22. Off duty, I don't want to stray too far from a "point and click" type gun, so, the beloved 1911's, HK P7, Decocker Sigs etc are out for me. I may carry the issue 22. Sometimes a Kahr PM9 or a K40. Occassionally, a Glock 19 and, if I know its gonna be a sweat through the holster Texas summer day, perhaps a 3" S&W 65.

I carried a 1911 for 11 years before we were issued Glocks, and, I usually carried the same platform off duty. I always have a gun on me outside the house, usually in the house. I would rather it be on me than going through the trouble of locking it up. If its ON me, I know where it is.

20. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Either a 17 or 21 depending on weather. Always in a crossbreed

Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong