Glock Talk banner

OEM Glock vs. Lone Wolf Timber Wolf vs. the law?

1714 44
I occasionally read that a carry gun should not be customized outside of its OEM condition for CC. Supposedly one that is changed to meet a specific owners preferences could be a legal point of contention if the gun had to be used in a self defense event as far as the legal right to defend is concerned. My question is then how would a specific gun like the Lone Wolf Timber Wolf bought complete from LW, which is completely custom, be looked at in such a circumstance. Would it be considered OEM?
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
If I recall that anything mistakenly said after requesting medical attention could be claimed to be under duress. ie I felt that medical attention was being denied until I said something...anything. BTW This advice was given to my by a family friend and Colonel in another Parish. I called him while I was waiting for the NOPD to arrive.
If for any reason you needed medical attention you should have asked for sure. As I understand you now, I think I originally misunderstood actual need.

· Banned
1,878 Posts
If for any reason you needed medical attention you should have asked for sure. As I understand you now, I think I originally misunderstood actual need.
Whether you need medical attention or not making the request buys you time. I'm in Texas now and things are different. 25 years ago in New Orleans we had a very corrupt, very anti gun DA. Well, anti gun for everyone but him and his son. They could wave guns around all they wanted. But he would prosecute people that used firearms to defend themselves while being shot at inside their own homes. He also had a goon squad of corrupt cops that would grab random black guys off of the street to prosecute them for whatever he couldn't pin on someone else. GOOGLE Harry Connick Sr and the amnesty project. I'm in Texas now but if I were involved in a defensive shooting in a place like Kalifornia. Maryland or New Jersey you better believe I'd use every means to not go to jail until I could prove my innocence. Every time I saw a cop I'd grab my heart and fall over :)

· Registered
3,592 Posts
This is from someone who a legal (DA) investigator for 12 years and isn't trying to sell you a book, video or training course.

The players are prosecution vs defense in criminal trials, or the plaintiff vs respondent in civil cases. Both sides file motions to have evidence or testimony introduced. A judge considers these motions, looks at applicable case law, and rules on these motions. Hence there is no way to predict if your Ubertactical Coyote Operator Z pistol is going to effect the outcome of any legal proceeding resulting from your use of it.

I can say with some certainty that how you use any firearm will be far more critical than which firearm you used.

· Huge Member
12,366 Posts
If you are in shooting you will be judged on the facts of the case. If you are justified in a shooting no amount of legal mumbo jumbo by scum bag lawyers is going to change that fact simply because you used aftermarket parts or modifications.

· Registered
71 Posts
Well, which blue planet? Seriously, I have not been to court for a weapons charge. Closest I got was an over charge situation in calif where what was a case of two guys getting in a fight and both willing the whole way turned into an assault charge. That was in calif. Santa Barbara late 60's. I got to see how it was all fact based. Oh yeah. No conviction, but a lot of time and some money later.

I watched a friend and neighbor end up in court for saving his property with a rifle. Again lots of money and time and I think if you look up Neal Cameron vs the State of Alaska you can see how far you might go in clearing your name if you hold a gun on someone and tell them not to move or you will shoot. (No shots fired.)

All that plus what I was told by people on three sides of the system have convinced me that the more you look mainstream and your activities look mainstream will save you some grief in the gray areas. A justifiable shooting where the shooter explains what happened by saying "I pulled my ar10 just like I was taught to do in several tactical weapons courses I have taken,and btw it has all the greatest furniture and the best quick target acquisition tactical sight like the guys Blackwater uses and blew his shxt away, when he approached me with a drawn pocket knife" is probably going to cost you more than if you state your case in a different way. But all of this is off the subject.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.