Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my Glock 19 GEN4 2017, installed tango down magazine release. Maybe 1,000 rounds though it. Is this normal for Glock magazines to fail to stay locked in? Or using tango down magazine release damage my magazines?
Updated to Tyrant mag release, if I flip to other side it functions and clicks correct.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwmy49ddrnro38w/IMG_0863.MOV?dl=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts
I’m assuming the metal of the Tyrant release is being harsh on the plastic that wraps around the mag. Looks like it’s getting some good wear on it. Maybe try to keep plastic on plastic parts and metal on metal. I switched my metal mag release since m Shield Mags are metal.

·
M62/76
12,671 Posts
OEM, always stick with OEM.

Reactions: Bomber Nav

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. The vickers tango down mag release was installed on day one. As a lot prefer, I did not notice this issue until I installed the tyrant one. Guess the tango down one worn in to the mags.

The vickers one I did notice the contact area is flared up and the tyrant is just flat like OEM was.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Wish they pulled all the bad ones off the market.
Better yet, the gullible market for non-OEM parts should note well "Caveat Emptor".

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Better yet, the gullible market for non-OEM parts should note well "Caveat Emptor".
Ya finding out the Glock aftermarket is not as reliable as 1911 aftermarket. Wilson combat uses vickers and thought that would be a safe choice. But live and learn, $15 catch cost me 4 times that to replace the mags. Got lucky with my MidwayUSA birthday code, got 3 new ones shipped $66.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I cringe when I read about a metal magazine catch and polymer mags. The polymer looses out and gets eaten up. Not a good idea.

I don't think that is the issue you had, but I wanted to mention it for anyone running a metal magazine catch.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I cringe when I read about a metal magazine release and polymer mags. The polymer looses out and gets eaten up. Not a good idea.

I don't think that is the issue you had, but I wanted to mention it for anyone running a metal magazine release.
Ya from the responses, think I’m going from a defective vickers tango down to a Aluminium tyrant version that will do a similar problem. Aluminium probably will wear the notch on mag and make loose insertion. So instead of mag falling out get FTF due to a lower set mag.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts