close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OEM Glock Extended Mag Catch for G20/21?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Coogan, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Coogan

Coogan Original "G"

I was looking at glockparts.com and they list an extended mag catch for the 20/21 AND a regular catch for the 20/21. I'm not referring to the obvious aftermarket parts also listed.

I do not have my Armorers Manual handy so I cannot reference it.

Is there an OEM extended catch or not?

2. Coogan

Coogan Original "G"

3. 4eyes

4eyes Provocateur

I don't think there is an OEM mag catch longer than the 20/21. The 20/21 mag catch is the extended for the smaller frames. I believe that there are fairly expensive aftermarket mag catches for the 20/21, but haven't tried them.

4. beemerphile

beemerphile CLM

IMO the best extended mag catch is the AroTek SureTouch. It requires milling the receiver (which AroTek includes in the price) but it is much nicer than the sharp-edged OEM style - especially true for a lefty shooter for whom the edge of the mag catch digs into the shooting hand. - Lee

5. ShootNMove

ShootNMove concealed

It's funny you should bring this up. I just emailed them about 3 days ago asking the same question (them being glockparts.com). The guy told me that it is, in fact, extended when installed in the large frame GLOCKs. I plan on ordering a couple since they're only $5. One for my G29 and one for my G20, as soon as my tax return gets here. ;z ;z ;z