OEM 9mm barrel vs Conversion 9mm barrel -

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SamP250, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

Having a bad day bro? I sense a bout of Pedantic Dillholery.

SamP250 and hivel9mm like this.
  2. Kentak

Kentak

It must drive you crazy when someone says they're putting "bullets in the clip" instead of "rounds in the magazine."

Don't sweat the small stuff. Language and usage DO change over time. So, the G17.3 thing is unconventional usage. But, if it gains traction to the point that everyone *understands* what is meant, then...no biggie. Of course, use the official nomenclature as long as you wish.

SamP250 likes this.

3. SamP250

SamP250

People know perfectly well which model and generation is being referred to by using the Gxx.x format. Furthermore, was I speaking to you? You jump in as if you are the judge and jury of Glock lingo, and to take it even further, make a ludicrous insinuation that using such a format indicates ANYTHING about a person's level of intelligence. Who are you supposed to be in the grand scheme of all things Glock? Your refusal to accept the fact that the world is changing around you, including nuances in the way people communicate about material items, including Glock pistols might be indicative of a problem YOU have. So, I DISAGREE.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  4. SamP250

SamP250

The guy has gone MENTAL over the issue. Especially the bit about "perceived level of intelligence." He's way out of line, as if I was speaking to him in the first place.

5. SamP250

SamP250

It's just the way of the world. These sorts of nuances have been happening to consumer products for years now. The fact that I bought a Glock product doesn't limit or obligate me to any specific format when speaking about the products they make. I don't know how I would feel about it if I was a Glock Armorer, but I doubt any different. Maybe if I was a Glock Employee? And I'm willing to bet that internal Glock employees have used the format as well, in emails or some other company document.

6. SamP250

SamP250

I just now read that a ported barrel will also reduce recoil. Do you have any experience there?

7. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

Just now? Porting barrels and compensators have been around for decades. Yes, porting by itself will reduce recoil at the expense of reduced velocity. A compensator will also reduce recoil but takes hotter loads and lighter springs to cycle.. and some guns run both ports and comps.

The absolute best way to reduce recoil is with the proper stance and grip. Even a .22LR has some recoil and needs to managed by stance/grip. If you don't have the right grip, porting and comps won't do much.

Because Glocks are so light compared to all steel guns, they have more felt recoil than all steel guns. An empty G17 weight around 27 ounces, where a SIGX5 weights in about 36 ounces, a CZ Shadow 2 at almost 47 ounces.

Hold your gun like this

[​IMG]

8. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

My old USPSA Open G24C (ported), and one of my G22's with a LW G24 slide and conversion barrel running Open Major 9x19 (comp'd), before milling the slide for a dot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. BCGlocker

BCGlocker

10. Beendare

Beendare Stick and String, SME, NRA life member

I have a G23 with the KKM conversion barrel and its a sweet shooter...no doubt due to the bull barrel.

Now its not 100%...I have had a couple hiccups with it...maybe 2 in 600-700 rds....could have just been the cheap ammo I use.