GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of the less popular calibers available now and pre-pandemic prices? To me, that would be something other than .380, 9mm, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP.

Maybe .45GAP or .357 Sig. I've seen these available online but don't know what they were priced at before. Or has all ammo for handguns increased in price?

I have noticed 10mm available at my local range, but apparently no one is buying it as they always seem to have it in stock.

·
Enigma
2,526 Posts
In July, 357 Sig and 10mm FMJ was still available for $400/1,000 rounds shipped.
I don't know how much it is now.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I've been buying as much S&B and PPU 7.62X25 Tokarev as I want.

No restrictions....... apparently I am the only one in "The Valley of the Sun" that actually shoots this stuff.

·
Registered
555 Posts
About a month ago I was getting 45 GAP for less than half of what ACP was. I just checked and it now appears to be slightly more than half of the ACP price. So still available at a good price.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Before the next pandemic, riots or election, I need a 6.5 creedmoor, a .22 mag, .32 acp and a .327 mag.

And a 7.62x39 commie gun.

·
Secret Squirrel
240 Posts
About two weeks ago I bought a bunch of 357sig FMJ and HP for about half the going price for any 9mm.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Picked up a case (1K) of .455 Webley for less then a case pre-COVID .45ACP. I couldn't buy the brass that cheap! I called back an tried to get more, no luck :(

·
Enigma
2,526 Posts
Still plenty of .32acp in stock at the LGS here.
Most people buying ammo prefer a caliber that meets common performance standards.
12-18'' penetration and consistent expansion.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
My precious .32NAA is still available... well everywhere it was Before Corona.

·
Premium Member
10,582 Posts
Most people buying ammo prefer a caliber that meets common performance standards.
12-18'' penetration and consistent expansion.
Trollin trollin trollin....

Yea, whatever....32acp FMJ meets the FBI standard. Please quit with the bull already.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've been buying 357 SIG FMJ and JHP throughout the year. As of today, via the big online distributors I'm seeing only Gold Dots at Miwall. I'm thinking that already minimal inventory on 357 SIG has been depleted, and it's low priority for manufacturers to load and restock.

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
When the shortage started getting real a few months ago, it was mostly the less popular calibers that remained on the pistol ammo shelves. I saw 32 ACP, 44 Special, 41 Magnum, and 500 S&W mag. More recently, all of the rifle calibers were sold out. I stopped by Cabela's today just to see what they had. Almost no used revolvers, no primers, no pistol powder, and no pistol bullets. They were stocking the shelf with Winchester green tips. I picked up five 150 boxes at $75 per and five 50 round boxes of American Eagle 124 gr 9 mm at $14 per. Cabela's used to have the best selection of ammo in the area, but never has had the best prices. A guy at work asked me to get some AR ammo for him, so I'll pass some along if he has the cash.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
I have seen plenty of rifle hunting ammo at Walmart. And some 12g and 20g game loads.

7.62x39 is still available at my local shops but marked up a little. Not cost prohibitive though.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I managed to score on one of my oddball calibers... 300 Savage, at the LGS today. Along with some non-oddball, but pretty scarce stuff.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
I managed to score on one of my oddball calibers... 300 Savage, at the LGS today. Along with some non-oddball, but pretty scarce stuff.

I live so far out we don't have a LGS, but I did pick up two boxes of .300 Savage at our local feed store. Nice caliber and sweet from a Savage 99 (1947). :)

Reactions: FullClip

·
Registered
46 Posts

I just got some 300 Savage also, it’s a good round ballistically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts