Odd OEM Magazine Problem

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by fflincher, Dec 25, 2019.

1. fflincher

fflincher

It's a G 21. Wonderful gun. In .45 ACP.
    Got a new 10 MM barrel. Dropped right in!
    Ordered 4 10 MM magazines, got the new ones with left, right and center catch cut-outs.

The new magazines won't lock in.

Thinking about a new magazine catch, but want to ask here first.

Ideas?

2. Parzival

Parzival

pull the slide off and insert one of the 10mm mags. see if it locks in then.

L-2, fflincher and Buckshot Barry like this.

3. fflincher

fflincher

I hate being ignorant, but DOUBLE HATE looking stupid!

Had the above problem at the range, no time to do more than think bad thoughts and go on the the next gun.

Asked the question, and got a smart suggestion from Parzival, thank you very much!
    You were right, and I was stupid. My SF G21 has a paddle magazine catch in the front of the grip. No problem with four .45 magazines I already had, but when packing my range bag, I included two other .45 magazines that did NOT have the notch in the front of the magazines that would engage the catch. Additionally, the four 10 MM mags had no such front notch, they seemed to based on a glance, but what I saw and thought was a notch was just an rectangular patch of different texture, not an indentation.

I gave my kid an earlier G21, and looks like I may have some more stuff for him.

Thanks to Parzival I get to order some new magazines.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    Jbritt likes this.
  4. Noponer

Noponer

Why not keep your mags & ask Glock to replace that obsolete frame with a current one? I think they have done that for other shooters who were unfortunate enough to wind up with that failed system.

If you keep the gun as is, consider getting some spare mag catch parts, since they have been known to fall out of the gun on occasion.

JBL13, fflincher and SARDG like this.
  5. Parzival

Parzival

glad you got it figured out. hope you find a resolution for it easily. i was just starting at the basics. it pays to keep it simple sometimes.

fflincher likes this.
  6. Ofc.JL

Ofc.JL

Yep. What NoPoner said. The center lever mag catch Glock had at one time tend to be problematic. Glock dropped them quick. Call Glock for a new frame, easiest thing to do, IMHO.

fflincher likes this.