Odd bidding on GB...?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 82ndVet, Feb 19, 2010.

1. 82ndVet

82ndVet

Anyone selling on GB ever had a bidder jump up $25, when the increment is only $5...?

I just had $165 starting bid. 1st guy bids yesterday for $165. Today, under an hour left, the 2nd bidder bids $190. 1st guy doesn't catch it, and makes two more bids...:dunno:...3rd @ $175...4th @ $185...then emails me and asks if he won.

Imma...kinda confused myself just typing that...lol.:faint:

2. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

You sure there wasn't a third bidder in there because that does sound odd

3. 82ndVet

82ndVet

No...I reviewed the bid history, and sent the 1st guy an email explaining what had happened. Copy and pasted the entire bid history for him. Not much else I could do other than that.

4. Adjuster

Adjuster

That is standard bidding practice for Ebay. Online bidding is not the same as live auction bidding. You know what the item is worth, you know what you are willing to pay for it and you place your maximum bid to win the item. You will either win or you won't. This guy knew what he was willing to pay and he placed his bid for that amount.

5. 82ndVet

82ndVet

That's kinda what I thought he did when I looked at the history. I was just surprised that the 1st guy didn't catch on, bidding under that amount twice. It was ammo, and feeling sorry for him, I gave up my online source to him in the email, so hopefully that helped him out. :dunno:

6. ronin.45

ronin.45

Heck, it could have been some kind of glitch that didn't show the first bidder the second guys amount. Computers can be crazy.

7. hogship

hogship Patriot Extraordinaire

This is normal.

The bidder with the maximum bid outbid the other bidder every time he upped his bid. It's automatically done by proxy. It's a little confusing to understand what has happened without having the benefit of seeing the action in "real time"......but, everything is working as normal.

hog