Glock Talk banner

OD Green Glocks

4922 Views 26 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  chemboy
Seems like all the OD Glocks are still on the roster, Glock must be planning on producing the OD's again in the future right? Why else would they keep paying the fees.
Anyway just curious to see if anyone has heard anything, as always, hoping that more quality firearms get produced and released to the law abiding gun owners of Kalifornia
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
3,418 Posts
There are a few OD Glocks that I would like to pick up here in the near future with a G20 being one of them. I know it's a long shot but an OD RTF G19 would be great.

· Registered
59,814 Posts
Some time back when they discontinued the OD Glocks someone here said that Glock would need an order of I believe 5000 before they would consider making any. If that information is accurate, apparently some distributors have decided they could sell 5000 without too much difficulty. I can understand why, as it is well accepted that the OD Glocks are more accurate. What is less well known is that holding an OD, one looks slimmer and younger. Even more surprising is that a few guys in Somalia actually look well fed when holding an OD Glock.

I wish Glock would make a run of OD magazines and sport holsters and thumb break holsters.

· Registered
837 Posts
There are a few OD Glocks that I would like to pick up here in the near future with a G20 being one of them. I know it's a long shot but an OD RTF G19 would be great.
Yeah, I would love to find an OD Gen 3 G20 to match my OD Gen3 G17 . I have a Gen3 20 in standard black but I would love to have a second one. However, if I see an OD Gen3 19 I may have to grab it.

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
12,028 Posts
Seems like all the OD Glocks are still on the roster, Glock must be planning on producing the OD's again in the future right? Why else would they keep paying the fees.
Anyway just curious to see if anyone has heard anything, as always, hoping that more quality firearms get produced and released to the law abiding gun owners of Kalifornia
I believe for the collectors this is still a viable market, as the variety in color makes St. Pattys day memorable.

· Premium Member
20,112 Posts
The last batch of OD Glocks was released in 2013/2014, if I remember correctly. It's quite possible that dsitributors or dealers all over the US (including CA) still have a few on the shelves, and if Glock were to allow them to get de-certified in CA, then the CA dealers wouldn't be able to sell them (except to cops, I believe).

However, as we get farther away from that last production batch in time, I think Glock might let them fall off the list. For one thing, any new OD Glocks intended for sale in CA would have to be produced in Austria, as CA hasn't approved ANY USA-made Glocks yet (or Gen4 Glocks).

I hope I'm wrong, but I fear I'm not. Good luck, CA Glockers.

· Registered
338 Posts
Nice Job on the finger grooves and undercut! I'm so tempted but can't talk myself into it.

· Registered
1,966 Posts
If you are getting the 'Glock Knuckle', then the undercut is essential. It makes a night and day difference. On this 21SF it was horrible stock, so I had a 'smith do the contouring as well as the Cerakoting. Along with a little contouring on the frame near the trigger, it turned what felt like a brick that was digging into my joints, into a pure pleasure to hold and shoot. I also did the undercut myself to a 26, but not as deeply as this one.

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
Nice to have a choice on frame color. I'm partial to basic black.

· Registered
11 Posts
I had carried a regular (black) 21 for 15 years then bought an od 21 changed departments and started carrying the od and wouldn't go back to the original for anything, even had a gen 4 21 issued to me but still carry the od 21 I love it. Had a fde 17 and didn't care for it as much as the od, it's all in my mind I know but the od green just looks incredible. I would like to have a fde 21 to go with the od 21 though

· Registered
1,966 Posts
I had carried a regular (black) 21 for 15 years then bought an od 21 changed departments and started carrying the od and wouldn't go back to the original for anything, even had a gen 4 21 issued to me but still carry the od 21 I love it. Had a fde 17 and didn't care for it as much as the od, it's all in my mind I know but the od green just looks incredible. I would like to have a fde 21 to go with the od 21 though
So a police department allows OD Glocks? That's kinda cool! Thought there'd be some sort of all-black uniform code there or something.

· Registered
11 Posts
So a police department allows OD Glocks? That's kinda cool! Thought there'd be some sort of all-black uniform code there or something.
No sine they went away from the strictly enforced carry what is issued they don't have a problem with it, hell some guys carry f&n 5.7 in od

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.