close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OD Green Glock G19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by James Dean, Mar 27, 2010.

1. James Dean

James Dean

Today I went and looked at and OD Green G19. I really want an G19 for my next gun. I own a Gen4 G17. I really like the grip on the Gen4. The grip on the Gen 3 feels like its not even there. I know the OD is not being produced in the RTF. If I bought and RTF G19 can an RTF be duracoated? Has anyone had it done? The OD green really looks real Green in person. I like a Sand Tan better. FAAwrenchbndr has a real nice duracoat color on his G23 I saw on here a few days ago. Also how good is Duracoat? Will it fade or flake? Thanks Alex

2. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

Faa's G23 was duracoted in "Magpul Foliage Green" and it did look good, he now has a G20 that looks the same.

The RTF 2 frame can be duracoated sure, just remember this is an added on finish to polymer so it will wear as time goes by. It's all up to you.
    :wavey:

3. Slug71

Slug71

Or you could wait for a OD Gen4 G19?

4. James Dean

James Dean

Problem I have is I live in NJ. I have 2 permits left, Each one is only good for 30 days. I also like the G22 Gen4 I could get that one next, and wait another 30 days and see if the Gen4 G19s are out. NJ is the worst state to live.

5. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

There has been absolutely no mention of an OD frame on any other frame aside from the 3rd Gen which it is currently offered.
    :wavey:

6. Slug71

Slug71

According to my local dealer the Gen4 G19s are due out any time now. However that seems to contradict a lot of other assumptions about being here around summer time. Then who knows if they will be out in OD too. I havent seen any OD Gen4 G22s or G17s now that i think of it.

Wow NJs laws sound crappy too! Glad i live in N.H.

7. Slug71

Slug71

Beat me to it, but yeh that just came to mind. :dunno:

8. RayB

RayB Retired Member

My 3rd Gen G21 was my first pistol. It fits my hands very well and I shoot it pretty well too.

I bought my 3rd Gen G17 to save money on ammo--which it did! But the grip felt insubstantial to me, so I added a Hogue HandAll Grip Sleeve (pic attached) and it's great!

This might be an option for your new G19... I believe the Hogue grips are now available in OD...

http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=114

Spray your Glock's grip with cheap hairspray before slipping the Hogue sleeve in place. Position the grip just right for you, then clean off the excess with detergent and warm water. Let the gun sit for a couple of days. The grip stays put!

Everyone who has handled my G17 has commented favorably on the grip!

--Ray

9. James Dean

James Dean

Thanks Ray. And OD Houge Grip maybe the answer.

10. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

As I was buying my G34OD today, I struck up a short conversation with a fellow next to me who was field-stripping down a NIB GEN4 G17. I didn't catch his name but he said that he worked for Glock and that the firing testers worked for him. We talked about the GEN4 G17s/G22s and then I asked him about the GEN4 G19/23. He stated that the ATF sample versions were due in late April and would thus be submitted for approval, and assuming that everything was given the OK, guessed that we would see them in stores by late June.

Watching him tear down the G17 and being a little nosy, I asked if he was just field-inspecting one of their production pieces - he explained that as a Glock employee, he could only buy 1 a year at the factory price and then had to buy the rest through normal means. He explained how much he liked the GEN4 design and that was why he was buying the one he had just taken apart (versus the other one on the table). He seemed like a pretty nice fellow.

PS: Sorry, but I didn't think to ask about GEN4 large frames or G34/35s.....

11. Slug71

Slug71

Seems right in line with what has been said about the G19/23s being available around summer time.
    Now my dealer cant be mad for shipping in a G19-RTF2(Shark) next week and not buying through him.
    Well he wasnt mad but he was pushing me to the Gen4 G19 of course so that he could make the sale which is understandable. But i did ask him to find me a RTF2 and i would probably have payed more for it than im getting it for now but his supplier didnt have any. Or he just didnt bother to check which is actually what i think because he seemed a little persistent on the Gen4.

12. James Dean

James Dean

I really like the Gen4 grip, and mag release

13. Slug71

Slug71

Maybe you should just wait for the Gen4 19 then and have it duracoated if OD models dont show up.

Can you reaply for a permit after the 30 days?

14. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

Just pick up an original OD Green and send it off to Robar to shorten the grip. At least you'll stick to the original.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010