close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

October 21-22 GSSF Match in Lubbock, TX

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by BCarver, Oct 11, 2006.

1. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

If you attended Glock's GSSF match in Lubbock, TX, hosted by the Texas Sightmaster's Club, last year, you are probably making plans to attend this year's match, October 21-22, 2006. As offered last year, you'll have available to you:
    • Plenty of home cooked food
    • Plenty of facilities
    • Plenty of tables and benches for "just sitten" or stacking your gear
    • Plenty of shaded covers
    • Plenty of competition from some of the nation's best GSSF shooters
    • Plenty of practice available from side matches setup using Glock's course of fires
    • Plenty of restaurants in the area
    • Plenty of motels in the area
    • PLENTY of West Texas hospitality!! :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:
    If you didn't attend last year, look what you missed, but it's not too late to make your plans to attend the Texas Sightmaster's second annual GSSF match.

The Texas Sightmaster is a private clug supported by its members and their families. Clif King, president of the club, will be happy to address any of your questions about the range, parking campers, motor homes or just tell you about West Texas. Feel free to email Clif at meteamturtle@sbcglobal.net or Bill Woolsey at jobill65@sbcglobal.net

I'll be there with several of the Team CARVER Mount members R.O.'ing on Saturday. We will all look forward to meeting you and having fun shooting another GSSF match in Lubbock, TX.

See ya on the range,
    Bobby Carver

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

DEJ/FL and I flew out for last years match. We helped setup on Friday, RO'ed Sat. morning and shot Sat. afternoon. It was a great match and I enjoyed it very much. Food at "On The Border" was out of this world. If you have not attended this match it is definately one to put on your schedule.

Dan and I have our travel reservations all confirmed and am ready to head back to Lubbock again this year. Really looking forward to the trip, match and seeing some great friends.:thumbsup:

3. Clem

Clem

We did have a great time last year, but looks like Donna & I will be a no-show this year. Not that we don't want to, but seems like time off, $$, Donna's elbow, etc. is gonna prevent us from making it. Sure will miss everyone! While at "On The Border," enjoy & know we wish we were there!! Hope to rebound by San Antonio & get to see everyone then. The Lubbock/Slaton match is a very enjoyable one and I highly recommend it to all who are thinking of going. Clif, family & club members made sure last year we had a wonderful time & I'm sure this year will be no exception to attendees! Good luck to all, have fun & be safe, and hope to see y'all soon!!! Tony & Donna.

4. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

Hi Everyone,

We at Sightmasters and others who work at the match are looking forward to another great match on the 21st & 22nd. We really enjoyed last year and hope to have an even better time this year.

The range is ready (or almost ready) and the people are anxious to get started. Clif is going to fire up his grill to have food available or downtown Slaton is only 2 miles away if you prefer something else.

Tony, sorry that you and Donna won't make it, but understand. Don, Dan, Bobby and all of your other team mates will think of you while we are at "On The Border". We will especially miss our "hug" from Donna.

As Bobby said in a earlier post if anyone has questions please don't hesitate to ask, we will try to answer them for you.

Hope to see you all here!!!

Bill

5. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

Just wanted to give everyone an up-date on the weather for the match.

Saturday AM low in the upper 40's to upper 70's by PM, Sunday AM low in lower 40's high in upper 60's. Sunny both days. Looks like a couple of great days for shooting.

Hope to see you all there!!!

Bill