GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
54,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ocasio-Cortez compares members of migrant caravan to Jews fleeing Nazi Germany
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the star Democratic congresswoman-elect from New York, compared migrant caravan members who clashed over the weekend with U.S. border agents to Jewish families fleeing Nazi Germany and other targets of genocide.

Ocasio-Cortez, who was elected to represent New York’s 14th Congressional District earlier this month, tweeted over the weekend in support of those attempting to cross the U.S.-Mexico border. She compared those fleeing violence in Central America to those who escaped Germany, Rwanda and Syria.

“Asking to be considered a refugee & applying for status isn’t a crime. It wasn’t for Jewish families fleeing Germany. It wasn’t for targeted families fleeing Rwanda. It wasn’t for communities fleeing war-torn Syria. And it isn’t for those fleeing violence in Central America,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted late Sunday.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
✔@Ocasio2018

Asking to be considered a refugee & applying for status isn’t a crime.

It wasn’t for Jewish families fleeing Germany.
It wasn’t for targeted families fleeing Rwanda.
It wasn’t for communities fleeing war-torn Syria.
And it isn’t for those fleeing violence in Central America.​
Oh, well...

Reactions: janice6

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
I wonder who told her to say that...that Schatz guy?

·
Making America great again!
16,226 Posts
Was talking to my niece this weekend, who works on Capitol Hill (for a Republican rep). She says that even though there are a lot of unemployed staffers looking for work, nobody wants to work for Ocasio-Cortez. She's considered a joke, and that's coming from Democratic staffers.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Was talking to my niece this weekend, who works on Capitol Hill (for a Republican rep). She says that even though there are a lot of unemployed staffers looking for work, nobody wants to work for Ocasio-Cortez. She's considered a joke, and that's coming from Democratic staffers.
I could have sworn I read on here yesterday that a diverse organization functions so much better.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Hmmm....I actually have a Bachelors Degree in History. Specializing in the World War Two era. And...she’s incorrectamundo, Baby.

·
Registered
55,354 Posts
Man... The Honduran government must have a total clamp on info getting out of that country, to conceal all the concentration camps, gas chambers, and crematory ovens. :whistling:

Just when you think Ocasio-Cortez has maxed out on stupid...

·
Banned
8,991 Posts
Lets see

Migrants
- Fleeing for economic reasons

Jews
- Fleeing war and genocide

Yup, exactly the same.
Here’s the problem: they’re not even migrants...they’re not “fleeing” anything...

What they’re doing is going over to the rich kid’s house for the weekend to drink the liquor stocked and eat that fat food stocked there just to return home afterwards

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Here’s the problem: they’re not even migrants...they’re not “fleeing” anything...

What they’re doing is going over to the rich kid’s house for the weekend to drink the liquor stocked and eat that fat food stocked there just to return home afterwards
I don't think they have plans to go back. Probably half the women are already pregnant and looking forward to hooking into welfare, housing, food stamps, medicaid, school lunches, etc some day.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
If I were a Jew I would be completely offended by what this moron said. This should give some indication of what kind of people voted her in. She is damn lucky to be in a country that allows her to make very stupid statements.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Just when you think Ocasio-Cortez has maxed out on stupid...
She seems to take it as a challenge...to outdo her latest stupid statement.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts