Objectively the best range in Wichita?

Discussion in 'Midwest Glockers' started by Glockteen11, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Range 54

60.0%
  2. Thunderbird

20.0%
  3. Bullseye/other

20.0%
  1. Glockteen11

Glockteen11

Hi! This is my first post here, and I'm wanting to get everyone's opinion on their favorite range in Wichita, KS. I've been to Range 54 several times, but that's it. I'm impressed to the point of considering membership but, I want to make sure that it's the best choice. I've looked into Thunderbird, and they look pretty much identical. Can anyone that has an unbiased opinion of both chime in? I'm pretty much set on getting a membership, so I'm really just looking for a pros/cons list of each location. Thanks for your time.

azks804 likes this.
  2. azks804

azks804

Hi, I have shot at Range 54 too. I was VERY impressed with it. I'm brand new to Kansas; my wife & I moved here just two months ago. Actually, we moved to Newton, which is about 20-30 minutes north of Wichita.

My search for a range in Wichita to join has shown me so far:
    1. Bullseye Shooting Range
    2. The Bullet Stop
    3. Range 54
    4. Thunderbird Firearms Academy

So far, I've shot at the first three, and I haven't had time to try Thunderbird. Kind of like you said, I suspect Thunderbird is about on a par with Range 54 - very modern, well lit, and they both offer great benefits with memberships, and different levels of memberships too. I can't help you with a direct comparison, but I'd say since both ranges offer memberships on a monthly basis, seems to me you could try one or the other without a whole lot of regret.