close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Obama's Spending Freeze = Locking In Higher Spending...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by zackwatt, Jan 26, 2010.

1. zackwatt

zackwatt That's a Bingo! Lifetime Member

According to Charles Krauthammer, Obama's Spending Freeze will not only create a new "baseline", it will prevent the new more balanced Congress from rolling back the budget. Now that is shifty...

2. Scared_of_zombies

Scared_of_zombies

everything he does is shifty.

3. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Look for the reasons for the actions, do not listen to what he is saying.

4. ElevatedThreat

ElevatedThreat NRA Member

Even if it was a sincere spending freeze, there are so many exemptions to it that it does not cap, that it affects only a few percent of the annual deficit spending Obama is running up.

The most benign interpretation of this ploy is that the Dems are spooked about the MA senate election, and want to be able to say in the State of the Union address that Obama is doing something to control runaway government spending -- even though he is spending like there was no tomorrow.

The level of possible mischief goes up from there.

President Obama really must think the American people are stupid. (Then again, he knows that 53% of the people who voted in 2008, stupidly voted for HIM....)

We need a new government from top to bottom.

-ET

5. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Barack Hussein Obama is a media creation. He's an empty suit, a talking head, all sizzle and no steak--pick your metaphor, simile, or cliché along those lines, and it probably applies!

That 52.7% of my American brothers and sisters were dumb enough to elect this guy still boggles my mind! What the hell were you thinking?

Barack Hussein Obama (notice we couldn't use his middle name until he was elected?), a/k/a Barry Soetoro (how many other presidents have an alias?), is the most secretive character we've ever had in the White House, barring none!

When I think of how our in-the-tank, filthy-minded media hounded an open book like Sarah Palin, and gave pass after pass to this shady, Chicago politician, my blood wants to boil!

The vast bulk of Obama's skinny resume is his academic career, and those records are sealed. Ninety percent of the meat of this guy's resume is sealed! Put another way, nine pages of a ten page resume are sealed, and you hired this guy for the top office in the land? Seriously, are you nuts?

This is the most in-my-face president I have ever endured! He's all over the place, all of the time! TV, radio, internet, print, even on posters at Block Buster--it reminds me of Chairman Mao!

Blah! Blah! Blah! All talk and no results! No Results to speak of at all! Platitudes and empty promises, that's this president's legacy. Mmm, mmm, mmm.

Does he think we're stupid? Of course he does! He counted on it and won didn’t he?

Obama's a one trick pony--all he can do is campaign! Aside from his Marxist agenda, we've seen what he's got; while we still don't know who he is!

This guy needs to be removed from office, and the only means of doing that is to vote for a candidate that has a chance of beating him in the next election! That's it!

A symbolic gesture, like a vote for Ron Paul, is a complete waste of time and a misguided effort; you may as well set fire to yourself on the library steps.

Your vote does matter, and don't let naysayers tell you it doesn't! These people are defeatists, and they can only teach you how to lose. Don't listen to them.

Let's commit ourselves to getting this walking wrecking ball out of office, next election.

--Ray

6. Kozel

Kozel

Government spends twice more than it collects in taxes. Now let’s “freeze” that and keep spending ONLY twice more money then they have....... Only in Washington it can actually sound like a sane desision.

7. Marine8541

Marine8541 iseedeadpeople

Where were these Republicans who wanted to roll back the budget when they were in power?

Before anyone calls me a liberal I'm a true conservative, not a Reaganite, but a real conservative.

8. sarge83

sarge83

Smoke and mirrors. Unless they freeze entitlements which are the bulk of the budget we are just trying to hold back the ocean at high tide with a teaspoon.

9. RayB

RayB Retired Member

1) They were right there! They were going through their sock puppet-motions, before a mostly somnambulant American public! They were taking care of their Big Business partners, while attempting to reach across the aisle and make nice with their Liberal counterparts. They were doing mostly squat!

A great example of the latter is the McCain (R)-Feingold (D) Bill/Law that was just overturned by the Supreme Court, as being unconstitutional!

2) If you are a Liberal, you've got a few things right!

I consider Reagan a true Conservative. I consider myself a true Conservative; but that does not make me a lemming either.

You make a good point; and it's something to keep in mind for the upcoming elections. Ignore what the incumbent candidate is saying and look at his/her history of actions--their voting record!

As For Congress...

And let's face it; our best and brightest aren't getting to Washington.

I'm sorry, but the career politician has got to go! We must invoke term limits! It's the only way to keep them honest.

What's more, we need to dissolve congress' ability to write themselves pay raises, and eliminate their Cadillac pension and healthcare plans. They need to share their fate, and the weight of their performance, with the rest of us! As Obama would say, "They need skin in the game!"

--Ray

10. ElevatedThreat

ElevatedThreat NRA Member

Government spends money on four broad categories:

1) Defense (personnel, weapons, bases, training, etc.).

2) Infrastructure (interstate highways, ports, national parks, international trade agreements, etc.).

3) Social welfare (Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, FoodStamps, Welfare, and all other social entitlement programs).

4) Interest on the national debt.

I submit that only 1) and 2) are legitimate activities of the federal government, and that if we got rid of 3), we would not need 4).

Annual tax revenue would cover 1) and 2) easily.

-ET

11. Isaiah1412

Isaiah1412

I don't know what Republicans have to do with conservativisim anymore. Its just a word they throw around to get reactions from people who can only understand the world in terms of 15 second ads and bumper sticker slogans. Democrats do the same thing, and the electorate falls for it time and again.

They don't THINK we're stupid. They KNOW we are.

12. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Smoke and mirrors is right! Obama's all about appearances and a Marxist agenda we don't want. His job creation numbers are pure BS!

This administration is cancer to jobs! They revere taxes and hate profits--somehow the latter are evil! Every time he opens his yap the stock market tubes! He and his cronies don't get that profits pay taxes, wages, salaries, healthcare costs--profits pay everything in the real world! But these characters come from an academic vacuum that pays handsomely to produce nothing!

Obama has the largest staff of any president in history--as does his wife! He spends more than any president before him--it's unprecedented! This is the most expensive president we've ever had! And what do we get for our money? Speeches and more speeches--everything but results! In a private sector job, this guy and most of his lackeys would get bagged immediately!

Among their recent accolades, let's Mirandize enemy-combatants and terrorists! Let's spend millions of your tax dollars assuring our enemies get a Cadillac legal defense! That's nothing but a sloppy wet kiss for the trial lawyers that support these hacks!

"The System worked!", crowed the leader of our national security, Janet Napolitano, after a civilian acted bravely in the eleventh hour of a terrorist attack! Was she fired? Hell no! She's racking up a nice pension!

What the hell does it take to make you people mad? :steamed:

--Ray

13. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

I will second, third and fourth that! :upeyes: