Obama intelligence assessment on Russia collusion is under investigation

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Jun 15, 2020.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"Why the Obama intelligence assessment on Russia collusion is under investigation

John Durham, the special prosecutor, is examining the Intelligence Community Assessment as evidence that conflicts with one of its key conclusions keeps mounting.

A recently declassified annex to the Obama administration’s intelligence report on Russian election interference took great pains to make clear it did not use Christopher Steele’s deeply flawed dossier to make any assessments about Moscow’s intentions.
    The Intelligence Community Assessment (ICA) found Steele’s evidence “highly politically sensitive” and minimally corroborated and thus not worthy of including in its analysis of Russian election interference, the annex stated.
    “We have only limited corroboration of the source reporting in this case and did not use it to reach the analytic conclusions of the CIA/FBI/NSA assessment,” the memo added.

In retrospect, the exclusion of the Steele dossier in assessing Russian intentions may have been a consequential mistake, since evidence emerged just two weeks after the assessment was made public in early January 2017 that directly conflicted with one of the ICA’s key conclusions. The outgoing Obama administration’s intelligence community leaders — FBI Director James Comey, CIA Director John Brennan, NSA Director Mike Rogers and Director of National Intelligence James Clapper — declared on July 5, 2017 that Moscow was specifically trying to help Donald Trump win the 2016 election and to defeat Hillary Clinton.

An official with direct knowledge told Just the News that U.S. Attorney John Durham, the prosecutor named by Attorney General William Barr to investigate the investigators in the Russia collusion case, is currently reviewing the conduct of officials in the ICA and their subsequent testimony to Congress.

https://justthenews.com/accountabil...nce-puts-obama-intelligence-assessment-russia "

2. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Any day now! They will all be made accountable for their crimes!

F05C4160-71ED-4EE9-A8B2-A79EF9629247.jpeg

3. peng

peng

If the only justice here is that this makes enough noise to secure November, I will be OK with that.

The other side is already using their big party poppers.

El Pistolero and Dreamaster like this.
  4. thewitt

thewitt

"We didn't use the Steele Dossier, but we totally f-ed it all up anyway."

Nice thing to admit by the intelligence community.

5. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

As much as I'd like to see prosecution of Comey and Obama's other henchmen, I'm getting some satisfaction from knowing that they're losing sleep and their legal bills are soaring. Bankruptcy would be a good outcome for each of the traitors.

Johnix, El Pistolero and Intolerant like this.
  6. Simi_gun_guy

Simi_gun_guy

Sorry to disagree, but bankruptcy IS NOT ENOUGH! Look at what they had/have planned for General Flynn; bankruptcy AND PRISON. Fair is fair. The whole lot of them, bk & prison!
    And I'm holding my breath ...:fred:

Ed

Officer's Match and happyguy like this.
  7. thewitt

thewitt

Soros will bail them out of any financial stress, and you can bet he's paying all their legal bills - one way or another.

Officer's Match likes this.
  8. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

Ed- I didn't say it's enough. I said it gives me "some satisfaction". Prison is the right answer but may not be the final outcome.

Don't hold your breath too long. Shortage of oxygen to the brain can lead to Progressive thoughts!

Officer's Match and 6Actual like this.
  9. Simi_gun_guy

Simi_gun_guy

I think we’re on the same page. I already knew that though ... :cheers:

PhotoFeller likes this.
  10. bdcochran

bdcochran

According to CNN, the CIA and FBI took Steele's dossier "seriously enough that they kept it out of" the January 6, 2017, assessment "in order to not divulge which parts of the dossier they had corroborated and how."[16]Perez, Evan; Prokupecz, Shimon; Brown, Pamela (October 25, 2017). "Mueller's team met with Russia dossier author". CNN. Retrieved November 5, 2017.

Notice the contrast between the unclassified report and the CNN evaluation some 9 months later.
    So, this what we are left with in the matter. After the election the president asked for an assessment. The multiple intelligence agencies somehow got together, produced a classified and an unclassified versions quickly. The unclassified report said Steele's Report was questionable and not considered. The CNN Report, after having 9 months to interview the principal leaders of the intelligence agencies (and who will have memory failure when testifying, I suppose) is that the material was considered and it was a big secret on corroboration.

Was someone(s) covering their tracks in the public document? Were the same people covering up when they were interviewed over the next 9 months by CNN? I would guess yes on both answers.

Officer's Match likes this.