close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Obama Care, VA medical Care does it count as insurance ?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by dennis3dflyer, Feb 3, 2013.

1. dennis3dflyer

dennis3dflyer

Does VA medical benefits count as having medical insurance and thus will not be fined with the upcoming Obama Care Law?

Just Wondering'. Dennis

2. The Maggy

The Maggy

assuming that you are rated above 30%, I could see it counting.

This would be a question better directed towards your VA benefits adviser or your VFW benefits rep.

3. dennis3dflyer

dennis3dflyer

Why would you think that it needs to be above 30 percent?

I am not sure but I THINK that some veterans without disabilities get general medical care there after passing an income qualification / means testing.

I think there was some statement by some high level Govt. person early on during a war that veterans would get medical care for life so the non service related care that was not given in the past was challenged and they started giving regular non service connected medical care to veterans.

Just wondering of this care qualified to be considered as covered per the Obama Care requirement thus not be fined by the IRS. Or do they need to buy some other Insurance.?

Dennis

4. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer

I am 10%, but when I was in college I saw a Nurse Practitioner for free at the on campus medical clinic for any reason not just my 10% qualifiers. I had zero income and qualified, no co-pay either. I don't remember if my meds were free, but I was a poor student and had meds, so it was cheap if not free.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire