close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Oakley Prescription Eyewear

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by Joey, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Joey

Joey Millennium Member

What style of Oakley prescription eyewear provides the best protection for ambulance/fire usage.

I'm a EMT on a paid ambulance service and on a VFD & in need of a new pair of glasses & have been looking at the Oakley line of prescription glasses & need something that will be comfortable & can be worn 24/7 while providing blood/spit/vomit ect... protection and being scratch resistant.

Any Fire/Ems/LEO or Military can order from Oakleys Govt sales program and get a great price & that's where I'm looking at getting em from. https://www.usstandardissue.com

2. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

I have been looking into ESS, myself. The low-profile NVG goggles and the ICE-2 use the same script insert.....

Scott

3. RM

RM Millennium Member

Those are what we issue to Marines right now, the googles are good to go. The ICE on the other hand leave allot to be desired. When wearing a helmet they push down on your nose and allot Marines had problems with the frames popping off the lens.

4. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Yeah. Goggles for extrication in full turnout gear. ICE-2 for general wear with the cool gray lenses.....

Scott

5. Joey

Joey Millennium Member

We are issued the ESS goggles for wildland & they ain't bad, but not as good as I expected.

Ya can register with Oakley and get a good discount as a firefighter & for my money & eyesight Oakley makes the best sunglasses & glasses to protect your eyesight, plus they just look cool:supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

6. lomfs24

lomfs24

I didn't know that you could get a discount from Oakley for being a Firefighter. How much of a discount is it? I looked at getting prescription lenses for my half jackets and they would have cost more than the half jackets did.

If they were a couple hundred buck I would think about it but if I remember right they were like $450 just for the lenses. That could have been who I was going through to get them too.

7. Joey

Joey Millennium Member