Oakley Jawbones, anyone have them?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by harlenm, Feb 17, 2010.

1. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

Looking at pickin up a set of polarized jawbones, black with red iridium lenses. Any opinions on them? Have several other pairs, all metal, and want another pair of plastic frames.

2. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

i like the oakley minutes or whatever there equivalent is now

3. sputnik767

sputnik767

I had Oakley Minute for 6 years, and thought they were okay. Then, I bought a pair of Maui Jims. The difference is night and day, and Oakley lenses don't even come close to Maui Jim quality. Not to mention that all Mauis are polarized (my Okaleys were, as well), and they were cheaper. I will go as far as to say that Oakley lenses suck, and the only good thing about them is that they are ANSI certified shatter resistant. I now use them solely for shooting as safety glasses.

4. Randolph da man

Randolph da man

i use jawbones for cycling.

Maui jims Ti frames for driving.

5. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Odd. I've had almost literally the opposite experience Maui Jim's plastic lenses are very soft and prone to scratching. MJ's customer service is an abomination compared to Oakley.

6. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

I have an old pair of Oakley iridium coated ski goggles that are to date the best I've ever worn. I have iridium coated lenses in an old pair of big square wire Oakley's that I still wear pretty often. I think you'll love the lenses.

7. MavsX

MavsX The Dude Abides

pretty cool. I thought you were talking about the oakley's that the Dog wears. LOL.

8. jslatts

jslatts

I have a pair of polarized oakley Whisker And I LOVE THEM dont wear them often because i dont wear my contacts anymore but i love them when i do wear them lol
    The oakley jawbones dont look bad at all. if you get oakley you cant go wrong

9. sputnik767

sputnik767

Well, I should clarify that I was speaking strictly about optical clarity when I referred to poor quality lenses. The Oakley lenses that I have, and ones I tried before buying the Mauis had too many reflections originating from the inside of the lens, and were overall not nearly as clear and nice as the Mauis. I can't say that either of my glasses are prone to scratching because I am very careful with both of them. My 6-year old Oakleys look pristine, without a single scratch on the lens. Same goes for my new Mauis.