Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Light left on
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congrats to Dean Black! HOOAH! What a weekend.
Looks like he'll be grappling in the deep-end now!
Nice job Dean, all the way 'round.

:patriot:

ETA: I think there should be a smilie for "bridesmaid again"...
:rofl:

And a second edit to congratulate Jeffery Talbot on a VERY good run to a CLEAN MATCH in Amateur Guardian.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Hmmm....10 Masters in each of "Competition" and "Subcompact". Also more than 10 Amateurs in "MajorSub". The prize table is looking pretty good.

·
Light left on
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm....10 Masters in each of "Competition" and "Subcompact". Also more than 10 Amateurs in "MajorSub". The prize table is looking pretty good.
Yep; this ought to be an interesting exercise for the good folks at GSSF who seem to always lean on the side of 'award max stuff'. Shuffle up & Deal!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
123 Posts

Yup, I love to shoot that G39. I'll always be there to boost the other shooter's chances. :wavey:

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
How long usually before they post the awards? Fingers still crossed for the raffle and giveaways.
Probably about the week of Labor Day.

The Oregon and Ohio matches this weekend are #4 and #5 they have conducted over the past 4 weekends.

They've issued finals through Missoula, Montana and as of this writing it is too soon to finalize Canton or St. Paul.

The GSSF staff has no match the weekend of Aug. 9-10, but as individuals will probably be taking time off out of the office either side of that weekend not only to recover from 5-matches-on-4-weekends but to gain strength for the 3-matches-on-2 weekends that will follow that break.

If they are taking days off, they are not in the office to finalize match results.

The GSSF staff is tiny. Not many people work 7-day weeks. This time of year the GSSF staff works two, three, or even MORE 7-day weeks with NO breaks. They have to take their breaks when they can. This time of year, finalization of results can suffer as a result.

You just have to be patient.

:dunno:

·
Light left on
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, I love to shoot that G39. I'll always be there to boost the other shooter's chances.
Howdy! :wavey:
BTW, congrats on a pretty nice round up there!

If I can get next year's bullets/components squirrelled away I'm gonna pick up some to make some G39 loads with myself and might test the waters with ya.
:supergrin:

Norske, thanks for the feedback; I've passed that along to my CFO. :hearts:
We certainly want you folks in shape to support Lewis & Glock Expedition IV.
:rofl:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Howdy! :wavey:
BTW, congrats on a pretty nice round up there!

If I can get next year's bullets/components squirrelled away I'm gonna pick up some to make some G39 loads with myself and might test the waters with ya.
:supergrin:

Congrats yourself for some fine shooting!

I think you will love Major Sub once you start. It's great for sight discipline when you get to the plates, because there is not room to be sloppy with only one extra round. I like that challenge.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks Norske...Patient I can be.

And congrats Lady27...by the way do you ride a VTX motorcycle?
No, I don't ride a motorcycle. I come with my husband and whatever crew of shooters we bring to each match(this time a new shooter, a niece). We come in a VW Jetta if there aren't too many of us. It gets over fifty miles to the gallon. But it isn't the most impressive rig, I suppose. Four of us drove all the way to Kentucky in the little car. When we finished up shooting at Lexington I remember that some guy with a nice big truck exclaimed, "You guys drove all the way from Iowa in that little car!!!!"

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nothing wrong with 50 mpg and the Jetta...nice cars. I ride a VTX and on their message board there's a "LadyVTX"...so I was just wondering. That would've been kinda fun...not that this isn't..:supergrin:

I did ride to the Oakdale match with a buddy. We got to park right up next to the registration building. Nice bike perk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts