close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Oakdale, MN 2012 Debriefing and Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by cookselk, Jul 23, 2012.

1. cookselk

cookselk

Please post your stories and photos here.:wavey:

I saw SARDG's post regarding the Dawsonville thread saying that Danny is away, so I too will start a thread.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. cookselk

cookselk

It depends on your point of view. I guess it poured Saturday and caused problems. I did enjoy the cool temps, as I rolled into Nebraska about 6:30 last night the temp on the dash said 106, it is supposed to be 110 today just west of here:wow:.

Anyway as usual the RO's did their usual splendid job. I very much enjoy talking with them, pleasant personalities make a day go by quicker. Sunday was a totally different day from Saturday. I would have been the first person up to the M except I had to run back to the car and get my mags for the 45 and 10mm:faint:.

Since there was only one person waiting behind me he was kind enough to let me shoot my 6 guns through at once. Thank you so much. At the 5 to Glock it was the same story, no waiting I walked up to the line and fired my 6 guns and was out of there. I had to wait a short time at the plates but plates always go quickly and had extra time to strike up conversations with the RO's, great bunch of guys there and on all of the stages.

Wish I could have shot my competition gun better, really disappointed with my plate run considering I was only 2 seconds down on the other two stages. I did shoot the plates as well as I ever had with the heavy metal 10mm and master stock. But as is so often the case with my shooting I do well on a couple of stages and then crash and burn:faint:.

Anyway, things went great at the match (except my shooting) and we had a nice trip to the MPLS-St. Paul area. Since it's going to be in the 100's till Friday it will give me time to put together all that stuff we filled our van with from IKEA.

3. SARDG

SARDG

How many entries?

4. Squeeze

Squeeze

As usual, great people. I was only there on Saturday,
    and got to watch them pump the Glock the M course,
    so they could open the second station. Until they
    got it dry enough to run two shooters, that course
    bottle necked. But that just gave us time to strike
    up conversations with other shooters. I only heard one
    person complaining, while he watched others working to
    get the problem fixed. :upeyes: I had to bully them into letting
    me paste, but I did manage to get a few target pasters
    up. :supergrin:

Oakdale is a great club. RSOs, GSSF staff, and fellow
    competitors were all polite, helpful, and friendly. I have to
    give a special shout out to the Glock Armorers, Warren and
    Mike. I came with a G17/Gen4, and a G30SF, running
    poorly, and left with two reliably functioning pistols, and
    a head full of new knowledge. This alone was worth the
    drive time, and the price of admission.

Oh, my shooting? Well it was not my finest hour, but
    I believe there was some improvement over last year.

Sorry, no pics. I thought about taking one of the flooded
    course, but got distracted in a good conversation.

Squeeze

5. bryandover

bryandover

I shot the underwater M at 4:00 on Saturday and it was still very muddy. I had to put my boots in a plastic bag to keep from making a mess in my wifes car.

6. mbree

mbree SE Minnesota

You are welcome! I was allowed to shoot my four guns back to back as well. It is always a friendly crowd.

As many recall, there were some backups and squading issues last year. It appears this was cleaned up this year and things ran MUCH better. Proper squading got the early arrivals/check-ins moved through and to the line in a decent amount of time, versus having 20 plus on the board. It looked like the board was limited to 8 squad sheets at a time, which appeared to work very well.

I was there at about 8:40, and I was done shooting four guns through each stage by 11am. I think I waited longer to see the armorer than I did at any stage.

The new layout for the M and 5-to-Glock caught me by surprise, but caused no issues. It was nice to see them change it up some. It will be interesting to see what impact the changes had on the time/scores.

And whoever killed all the bugs...nice job!! I went expecting to apply a coat of bug spray, but was pleasantly surprised to not be harassed by insects.

- MB

7. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

I brought 2 new GSSF'ers with me, my wife and another friend. I was there Saturday afternoon, just to see how it was going, before I headed to work.

We shot Sunday morning, went straight to the M and were completely done by noon.

A big thanks to Mike (Match Director) and all the other Oakdale members for hosting this. (I'm also a member). I helped set up Friday.

We're always looking for ways to improve the matches. A big thanks for everyone that showed up.

On Saturday evening there were around 250 entries. Oakdale's record was broken last year with just a tick under 300. I'm absolutely positive they broke their own attendance record this year.

8. cookselk

cookselk

Thanks again, I guess we were the red team with the red folding wagons and red t-shirts.

PS: I knew you had to be a lab lover for letting me shoot through. Love the pic.