close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Oakdale match.......HOT pics!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Butch, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Yes, it was HOT!

And here's some pics..... :)

Here's the Plates....yeah, we were kinda shooting uphill....:
    [​IMG]

And here's ede shooting them:
    [​IMG]

Here's Festus waiting to shoot the 'M' (there was a lot of waiting done at the M today :freak: ):
    [​IMG]

Here's Lady27 shooting the 'M':
    [​IMG]

And here she is scoring (note the nice group on the right target :) ):
    [​IMG]

I'm going back tomorrow and will get some more pics!

:patriot:

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

yeah it was hot and the plates were up hill from the shooting position. on the left side behind the table they had build up where you would stand with dirt so you were more or less on the same level as the plates. i had a great time there, didn't get to meet anyone new from here. did talk with the ROs a good bit while we waited for other shooters on the line to finish.

3. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Twas the night before the Oakdale Match and it was hotter than ****,to say the least.The range had considerable positive improvements since I was there four years ago. I would have to say this was one one the nicest ranges I have shot at so far....it was a long day,I signed in promptly and it took approxiamtely 5 hours to shoot (4) categories.The RO's and setup for the Course of Fire went well .....and as Ed pointed out the plates seemed to be shot uphill...maybe I can blame a missed plate on AM.CIV for that....nope can't do it.

I want to thank all the people of Oakdale giving us there time and perspiration ...because they did without complaint at the match. Well looks like Ed and Edwin had some good scores in other categories we will see how they did ....and I'll keep my fingers crossed for IndyGlockers Team 1 on the Team score. :supergrin:

4. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Butch...I was in the shade...at least I had the intelligence....Hey I like the new Carver Shirts they are sharp!!!! :cool:

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

FESTUS;

Thanks, Bobby did a great job as usual. Jackson was the fist match I had a chance to wear mine and it felt and looked great. Looking forward to the Topton Match.

6. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I guess we are going to have shirts and hats....things are warming up...Edwin and EDE..had some good times...hmmm we may have to have a Master Stock Team here in the near future....what's another $10.00 Team entry fee anyway...oh-ohhh...it's the plaque cost and shipping that gets ya. ;)

I believe we may have a Team for Topton...hoping to have two teams for Marietta.:supergrin:

7. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

FESTUS;

Sounds great, we would enjoy seeing y'al enter a team. Doesn't look like I will be at Marietta but Bobby, Dan and I will be at Topton as long as "Old Mother Nature" behaves. Will be great seeing y'al. Good luck and be safe. You are doing a great job with your team effort.;)

8. Fumble

Fumble RIP Poom . . .

Sunday was enjoyable. The rain kept the temp down till the sun came out around noon. It was a good time.

I was sadden to se no vendor . . . and I wanted a Glock T-Shirt. My dog threw up on my old one and trust me, it was a total loss. Well Hallsvill should have a vendor.

I took some pictures and will post if they turn out.

9. Butch

I got there just as the storm was ending today, but I got a few pics.

Here's Wig shooting fire on the 5 to Glock....yeah, it was a little dark in the range, except for the far target.
    [​IMG]

And here he is knocking the plates down:
    [​IMG]

He was also in charge of pictures at dinner afterwards! :)
    [​IMG]

I'll work on some more.....

10. ede

ede Bama's Friend

the 5TG was a little strange, you stood in the shade, shot several targets in the shade and one in the light. the right side 5TG seemed a little cramped to me.

anyone know the total number of shooters and who won the certificates the club was selling tickets on? guess it wasn't me or i'd heard from them by now.

11. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

You all NEED to go to Jackson next year.

12. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

for those of us with dial up, there is something in your camera's menue. It is resize. for posting the smaller size is just as viewable.

13. Lady27

Lady27

Hey, shooting the Glock match is about the funnest thing ever! Could somebody just make me rich so I could go around doing this and nothing else?

It's great, cause I learned from my successes(I did some things right), and all kinds of mistakes. And I got to see shooters that are better than me, and watch how they do it. I didn't notice the heat because I was raised in Missouri.

Some things I gotta stop doing wrong! Butch says don't come back and get any missed plates until I get all the way across, and I agree and try to remember. Then I disobey. I shoot a plate that I missed before completing the string. Just a habit. In training I have decided I will need someone behind me to thump me on the head every time I do it wrong. Then I will remember. Maybe that will work.

14. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

You know when you do it; you'll be thumping yourself and after enough practice it won't hurt so bad. ;)

Glad you enjoyed the match. The Sunday AM weather was high 80's but with passing clouds & showers, causing some mixed use of condoms even within the same stage/station. But the Oakdale GC crew did their best and completely had Saturday's 'M' debacle ironed out, squadding people according to Hoyle. A whole bunch of us were done shooting and ensconced at the Machine Shed by 1300, a good thing because then the sun came out & it was sauna-city. Would've been done even sooner but....

Had an issue on the 5TG with a mag (feed lips), did a reshoot. Then scorer did it all correctly but his young scribe following behind failed to note correct hit total & I missed it as well when initialing. As we're headed for the land of A/C, Cindy ran me down and took me back for a 2nd reshoot (well, the bag got lighter...). Thanks Cindy! :number1:

Here's Chad on the M, a young feller #1 son Don signed up as a new member.

[​IMG]

15. Butch

For those of us who don't have dial up, it's hard to remember how horrible it is for those of you who can't get, or refuse to pay for, better service, but my pics are cropped and/or re-sized already.

I did however go back and find out how to do thumbnails (which takes just that much more time and effort on my part) and changed the one's in the first post for your viewing pleasure.

Everyone let me know what you think!

And, in all cases LT (just in case I don't go to the extra effort in the future), don't forget that you get what you pay for! :)

16. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

The aforementioned sterling Match Master!

[​IMG]

#1 working on the M; note variations in condom applications.

[​IMG]

Royal Sahib dp177 getting the celeb treatment. ;)

[​IMG]

Barb & Butch in the edit room.

[​IMG]

A much cooler crowd by 1:15pm. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Tim, showing how to make a speedy burger run.

[​IMG]

17. 651 mike

651 mike

This was my first match had a great time! THANKS TO THE r/O THEY REALY made it fun. Learned a lot most of witch was what not to do, the team Carver boys were on me like a duck on a June bug. All with good and the best tips. Thanks alot and I will be back!! The only one think had more fun was WIG19 he had a lot more shooting for the same money ?? thanks to all. mike

18. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

If you left click they regain full size.

Having said that. I went back and now all I get is page not available?

19. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Worked OK for me...

20. G7

G7 Mostly Metric

Butch -

Thumbnails :: Way cool.

Great idea !!