close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NYS Senate passed new gun bill

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by High Altitude, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Bulldog160

Bulldog160 Member

Understand that NYS is controlled by NYC. Don't put all NYrs in one category. I'm as far west as you can go in the state and the people here are predominately pro-gun. If it wasn't for the "City" NYS would be viewed entirely on a diff level. That being said, it is what it is and we re basically screwed.
    The only + thing I can hope for is officer discretion when it comes to enforcement. The same as DWI and disorderly conduct etc.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. SCHADENFREUDE

SCHADENFREUDE

You're all missing the Forrest through the trees's. This is a defacto gun ban. It just happens it is easiest to pass in NY. It's coming for the rest of you as well. You think your free until your politicians sell you out. There will be a hand gun ban next.

The new bury your head in the sand mantra is that this is going to the courts. The AWB and the 10 round mag limit didn't. I don't know why this would.

Once again freedom is taken away with a stroke of a pen. If Hilter just knew how easy and bloodless it all could have been, his heairs would still be living high.

3. jay29

jay29

Obama is going NATIONAL with what Cuomo has just done on Wednesday. Bend over.

Burn in hell all you Obama supporters now and forever.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  4. WT

WT Millennium Member

I can see the NY law being used as a guide by Mass, CT, NJ, Maryland, California, Illinois, and even Colorado and New Mexico. With some arm twisting other states will adopt it.

There will be a large market for Glock 7 round magazines.

5. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Made of porcelain :supergrin:

6. bug

bug

Its finally coming true it will cost more than most of us make in a month to own one in new york

7. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

CO governor has come out in TV interviews (so I have been told) and said that restricting guns is not the way to solve the problem and if the dems (who now control both houses and and governor) do it, they will be ousted in the next election and the laws will be overturned. He is very scared from what people at home are telling me about taking on gun control

8. HushH

HushH

Link to live video of NY Assembly debate. It's obvious which side is clueless. Of course this debate won't have any affect on the outcome, but interesting to watch nonetheless.

ETA: looks like they changed the link. Probably because the Dems were being made to look like fools.

9. pizza

pizza

What's the point. Might as well switch to a 7 shot .357 revolver.

10. Booker

Booker

Now for some good news:

CCI, the ammo makers, just put out a press release stating that they will now be selling 7-round bulk packs!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

11. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

It already passed the senate and is expected to pass the assembly
    Cuomo will sign it.

1 yr to get rid of hi caps, after that, a misdemeanor. Registration of aw's, new limit of one evil feature. Bg checks on all except family passdowns.

Time for a lawsuit..or a revolution. Get a rope, i say.

12. WT

WT Millennium Member

Let's think out of the box here .....

Gaston announces "a 7 shot .357 revolver ".

Make it a snubby and I'd buy two!

13. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Taurus 617

Hell, it's a detachable magazine that cannot be over 7 rounds so look at a S&W 327 or a Taurus 608.

14. turretg

turretg

I have an Intertec Cat 45(I know, I know) that I carry now with 6 round mag cap . But a Glock 36 may be in my future. :wavey: 7 round mag cap legal. Color me stuck in NY.(for now anyway.)

15. Tarheel72

Tarheel72 Go Heels!

For God's sake man, it only takes one bullet to kill a deer! ;)

16. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

I would never comply nor would any of my hi caps leave my possession.

17. Tarheel72

Tarheel72 Go Heels!

On a more serious note, we need to be very afraid of this. National politicians will see this as an example where a divided legislature was able to pass a very restrictive gun control law. It will embolden gun control activists.

As it stands today the only thing between us and federal laws like the one passed in New York is the House of Representatives. I would not be surprised to see it change hands in 2014. The Democrats have shown that they are good at buying votes. The Dream Act, forgiving student loans, free cell phones, and cash for clunkers....those are all nothing but vote buying scams. And in case you didn't notice, there are now more people depending on the tax payers then there are tax payers. The demographics have shifted and they will continue to skew more and more toward Democrats and liberal policies. Lots of Republicans will have to become RINO just to get elected, further blurring the line. I can very easily see bills like this passing the US Congress in the next four years.

And once they are able to pass this, and of course it will fail to make any dent in crime, the next step will be a UK like ban on anything but single shot rifles and shot guns. If you think it can't happen you are sadly mistaken. I am pretty sure that the majority of British citizens would have said you were crazy if you told them in 1950 (just five years removed from a war with Germany) that there would be a ban on gun ownership in Great Britain by the end of the century.

Our clock is ticking........

18. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

That's actually the complete opposite of the truth.

The fact is that Glock has completely ignored the public outcry for interchangeable backstraps for years... and what's up with everyone having to immediately replace sights and install a Vickers release? They continue to ignore the demand for a single stack 9.

Several pistols... and even whole brands... owe their existence, success, and prosperity to his obtuseness and inability to delegate authority.

Chill, dude. You're kooking out.

I'm a NYer and I don't think that's true. It's a big state. Your representation in DC is literally a cast of villains. They are all in the same category: NYers.

LOL... I guess it really is different way out there... they're pulling drunks out of their cars and giving them a warning??? :upeyes:

19. Z1232K

Z1232K Heavy Hauler CLM

This!

20. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

While there is truth to some of what you say, as is your habbit of seeing things in a real twisted way, it is pretty hard to call out the most successful guy in the business as someone who is doing it wrong.