close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NYS Senate passed new gun bill

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by High Altitude, Jan 14, 2013.

1. WmHBonney

WmHBonney

Do any legal experts have ANY ideas on how this legislation might be overturned?

2. JLeòdhas

JLeòdhas Alba gu bràth!!

I read somewhere that the Remington Arms Company may relocate because of the law.

3. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

I wonder if Remington and Kimber et al will move shop to a more gun friendly state.

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Fools = "Pro Gun Democrats"

You don't need to search back very far to find their posts here on GT. They are strangely quiet right now though

5. PAGunner

PAGunner

It's a done deal, the senate is the only thing that could have stopped it and that is where it passed. It will pass the assembly with zero problems and Cuomo will sign it.

I'm so glad I fled that hellhole!

6. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

It's painfully obvious you did not read the article

7. Gallium

Gallium CLM

How many pro-gun NY democrats on Glock Talk? Probably zero.

"pro gun" democrats who don't live in NY will not be inclined to even look at a thread about gun laws in NY,

and yes, I know many pro-gun democrats in NY. Some are friends, many are associates. This bill made it to the senate where this upper house is about 1:1 with senate:democrats.

There are only a few "pro gun" republicans in NY, in either house.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  8. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Might want to go back and search the reelection threads. More than one was quite proud they voted for Obama, and were sure he would not pursue a gun control agenda, because he didn't in his first term. Several of them have been members here for a long time, w/ several thousand posts... so no reason to think they were just trolling.

IGF

9. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I thought people would understand I meant "pro gun NY democrats".

Post has been edited, and thus I resubmit my now edited question: How many pro-gun New York democrats on GT?

10. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

They're probably in hiding.

11. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I cannot speak for anyone else, nor can I claim to have seen even 1% of all of the posts on GT (but I have probably seen 40% of all the posts on the front page of GNG

but I cannot recall those GT members who claim they both live in NY and are democrats.

Either way, our Republicans' ideas of rebuffing gun control laws is to use both hands to spread our ass cheeks wide and apply a lubricant, to minimize the tearing and bruising from the (any) impending ass reaming we are to receive.

12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

So explain how there is even the slightest chance it will NOT pass?

It just passed the New York senate, the assembly (NY's house of representatives) has 100 democrats and 49 republicans.

it was the governor's idea, or else he's talking like it was.

At which point is it going to fail - the democrat super-majority that has to pass it in the assembly, or the governor who asked for it?

There is a reason New York was rated the least free state in America...and that reason is New Yorkers.

13. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

14. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

so this turns how many honest, law-abiding citizens into criminals??????

how can anyone with common sense believe this will deter some nut-job from shooting up a school????

this is just plain stupid, based on nothing more than emotion, and not FACTS.....but hell, when do liberals care about facts??? only about pleasing their lib-tard flock in order to stay in office

"Ammunition magazines would be restricted to seven bullets, from the current 10, and current owners of higher-capacity magazines would have a year to sell them out of state. An owner caught at home with eight or more bullets in a magazine could face a misdemeanor charge."....................

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-seals-1st-state-gun-laws-since-newtown-074653716.html

15. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

16. PAGunner

PAGunner

Wow no grandfather clause to this, so if you own any Glock othe than a 36 or 39 you will be in violation of the law. My prediction is this drives every last patriot out of that Kommunist stinkhole. That's INSANE!

In fact, someone in NY should challenge this legally.

17. PocketProtector

PocketProtector

18. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

or it's going to turn a lot of people into felons.. I think w/ the 6rd limit, their goal was to make the only practical choice, a revolver. So while not banning semi-auto's, there's not very many that hold 7rds or less, that aren't mouse guns. Maybe manufacturers will make "NY Magazines"

IGF

19. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

In '94, one of the unintended consequences of the 10 round limit was that gun manufacturers started building smaller and smaller CCW firearms. This was quite the difference because the '80s brought us the high capacity race with the "wondernines"

So now, in NY, people who follow the law will have to buy smaller and more concealable firearms. I wonder if the assembly actually thought about that for a minute before passing the jerking of the knee bill.