NYC shutters field hospital that never saw single patient, officials want taxpayers to pick up tab

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by pipedreams, May 24, 2020.

1. pipedreams

pipedreams "Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"

"A field hospital set up in Brooklyn specifically for coronavirus patients is now being dismantled without having served a single patient, The City reported.

According to The City, the field hospital was "slated to open in mid-April but wasn't ready for service until May 4." But by the time construction was completed, New York's coronavirus-related hospital population had dropped significantly, meaning the city no longer needed the field hospital.

And now, the site is being demolished.

What's worse, city officials reportedly expect the Federal Emergency Management Agency — via the taxpayer — to pick up the $20.8 million tab for constructing and tearing down the temporary site."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/nyc-shutters-field-hospital-that-never-saw-single-patient-and-officials-want-taxpayers-to-pick-up-the-tab?utm_source=theblaze-dailyAM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__AM 2020-05-24&utm_term=TheBlaze Daily AM - last 270 days

2. Hoochrunners

Hoochrunners

Request denied.

Jringo8769 likes this.

3. marchboom

marchboom

N.Y is going to be begging the federal gov't (AKA the other 49 states) to bail them out due to coumo's and de blasio's destructive democRAT way of running a state and city. And they will say that it's Trump's fault if he doesn't fork over the billions they want.

Trump is going to have to take a stand and say, "Hell no. You got yourselves into the mess you're in now you get yourself out. The rest of the country is not responsible for your democRAT way of government."

This won't hurt Trump in Nov as N.Y will never vote Republican. Like Trump says, "What have I got to lose?" But he will gain even more respect from the other state's population for taking a hard stand against a state who's very arrogant and belligerent citizens (the majority) continue to vote democRAT and think they are God's gift to this country.

Jan R Whitaker and 1bigK like this.
  4. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

2000 a day are croaking, they neeeeeed it!

I guess things were not as the lying MSM and ****-head politicians tried to make it out to be

5. rangerhgm

rangerhgm NRA Member

I wonder how many other of these field hospitals ended up being a money pit?

6. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

denver did the same thing

7. 1bigK

1bigK

How much of those inflated numbers were based on flawed Faucian models and predictions? The same with accusations that DJT was slow to respond, also based on bad advise from Fauci early on. So much BS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. 1bigK

1bigK

Yeah they did, a couple of different ones. What a waste of money and resources.

One thing that Denver did that I have been questioning, was that they leased prime convention space (not that it was doing anything else) to remodel for these 2 boondoggles. So of course now those spaces will have to be restored from what ever they tore up. Why didn’t they build a MASH hospital in some parking lot or field instead? I guess that made to much sense? Frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  9. Jan R Whitaker

Jan R Whitaker

This is a New York issue, not the other 49 states.They want States rights and not be controlled by the Fed's, now is the time to show us how independent they are.

pipedreams likes this.