Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,004 Posts
Hi guys, I'm making this video to report a murder. Well, I didnt actually see it, it's a friend of a neighbor of who knows someone who saw this. I'm not going to name names, or tell you who actually murdered someone, and I'm not going to say who was murdered, how they were murdered, or where or when. But trust me, someone WAS murdered. It was horrible. I'm scared, my friend is scared, the neighbor is scared and the person who saw this is scared. We need to do something!

·
Make It So!!
3,243 Posts
Unfortunately, this is a case of a "Noctor" (Not a Doctor) who has no clue that she is talking about. Not to bash nurse practitioners, but even at a "doctoral" level (DNP), they receive less than 10% of clinical trainings compared to a board certified family practitioner (and critical care docs in ICU have significantly more training than a primary care doc). She is doing nothing other than babbling.

And while I like and respect most ICU nurses, there are those few ICU nurses who really believe they are better than critical care docs because they are at the bedside all the time and they have "seen it all." They think they recognize "patterns" and get bent out of shape when things are done out of their routine patterns. They have virtually no understanding of the true pathophysiology and the reasons behind clinical decision makings. By this nurse practitioners description, her friend is one of these wannabe doctor ICU nurses.

These are the things this Noctor and her wannabe ICU nurse friend do not seem to understand:

1) Non-invasive ventilation (CPAP/BIPAP/High Flow O2) only benefits patients with pulmonary edema due to acute heart failure or COPD exacerbation. In patients with pneumonia or sepsis, delaying intubation (by trying non-invasive ventilation) actually harms patients and significantly increases mortality. We even have coronavirus specific data from previous MERS and SARS outbreaks to indicate that early intubation has better outcome (yes, outcome still sucks, but better if intubated early).

2) PEEP (Positive End Expiratory Pressure -pressure that remains in the ventilator circuit at the end of exhalation) is a commonly used way to increase oxygen level in a hypoxic patient. There are only two major ways to increase blood oxygen level in a ventilated patient - increase the percentage of O2 pumped into the system or increase PEEP. More than 50% O2 creates too much free O2 radicals and is harmful to patients, so we balance that with going up on PEEP. And yes, higher PEEP can cause pressure trauma to the lungs - we monitor for that by measuring lung compliance (how stiff is the lung). COVID patients have very compliant lungs and barotraumas are rare, even when higher than usual PEEP is used.

3) Yes, there is an infection control component to COVID as well. O2 beyond 6 liters and non-invasive ventilations tend to spray the room with COVID aerosols/droplets. That puts staff and other patients at risk, especially if you run out of negative pressure rooms (which is the case in many hot spots). So this adds another level of vigilance in decision to intubate. Keep in mind that patients who need 6L of O2 are very hypoxic to begin with - and as we have said in paragraph #1, delaying intubation in sepsis patients (which COVID commonly causes in hospitalized patients) who are significantly hypoxic causes higher mortality.

4) "Code Blue" in COVID patients - First of all, "Code Blue" success rate in hospital is exceeding low to begin with. While we can very temporarily try to artificially "revive" a patient with CPR and adrenaline class of drugs, none of them fixes the underlying terminal multi-organ failure that caused the heart and lungs to naturally stop. And CPR is adding major chest trauma to the already compromised heart and lung. Severely septic patients who multiorgan failure who codes in the ICU have near zero chance of survival. You balance that with the risk to staff - have you tried to do chest compressions while properly wearing N95 masks? Code blue is probably the most contaminating procedure for COVID. So, yes, there are some hospitals who will not routinely code terminally ill COVID patients. Is that ethical? History can be the judge.

I do have to say that in hot spots like NYC, while they have not run out of ventilators, they ran out of critical care docs and ICU nurses to care for ICU patients. Imported ICU nurses or ICU docs don't do as well because they are not familiar with the local set up and resources.

·
Super Moderator
18,753 Posts
Reactions: Paul53

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,631 Posts

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,900 Posts
So a friend of a nurse that wants to be anonymous and wants to keep the location anonymous wants to blow it up with a new secret out of NYC................hmmmm........
Well that clears it all up!

·
Premium Member
CLM #38
10,573 Posts
Unfortunately, this is a case of a "Noctor" (Not a Doctor) who has no clue that she is talking about. Not to bash nurse practitioners, but even at a "doctoral" level (DNP), they receive less than 10% of clinical trainings compared to a board certified family practitioner (and critical care docs in ICU have significantly more training than a primary care doc). She is doing nothing other than babbling.

And while I like and respect most ICU nurses, there are those few ICU nurses who really believe they are better than critical care docs because they are at the bedside all the time and they have "seen it all." They think they recognize "patterns" and get bent out of shape when things are done out of their routine patterns. They have virtually no understanding of the true pathophysiology and the reasons behind clinical decision makings. By this nurse practitioners description, her friend is one of these wannabe doctor ICU nurses.

These are the things this Noctor and her wannabe ICU nurse friend do not seem to understand:

1) Non-invasive ventilation (CPAP/BIPAP/High Flow O2) only benefits patients with pulmonary edema due to acute heart failure or COPD exacerbation. In patients with pneumonia or sepsis, delaying intubation (by trying non-invasive ventilation) actually harms patients and significantly increases mortality. We even have coronavirus specific data from previous MERS and SARS outbreaks to indicate that early intubation has better outcome (yes, outcome still sucks, but better if intubated early).

2) PEEP (Positive End Expiratory Pressure -pressure that remains in the ventilator circuit at the end of exhalation) is a commonly used way to increase oxygen level in a hypoxic patient. There are only two major ways to increase blood oxygen level in a ventilated patient - increase the percentage of O2 pumped into the system or increase PEEP. More than 50% O2 creates too much free O2 radicals and is harmful to patients, so we balance that with going up on PEEP. And yes, higher PEEP can cause pressure trauma to the lungs - we monitor for that by measuring lung compliance (how stiff is the lung). COVID patients have very compliant lungs and barotraumas are rare, even when higher than usual PEEP is used.

3) Yes, there is an infection control component to COVID as well. O2 beyond 6 liters and non-invasive ventilations tend to spray the room with COVID aerosols/droplets. That puts staff and other patients at risk, especially if you run out of negative pressure rooms (which is the case in many hot spots). So this adds another level of vigilance in decision to intubate. Keep in mind that patients who need 6L of O2 are very hypoxic to begin with - and as we have said in paragraph #1, delaying intubation in sepsis patients (which COVID commonly causes in hospitalized patients) who are significantly hypoxic causes higher mortality.

4) "Code Blue" in COVID patients - First of all, "Code Blue" success rate in hospital is exceeding low to begin with. While we can very temporarily try to artificially "revive" a patient with CPR and adrenaline class of drugs, none of them fixes the underlying terminal multi-organ failure that caused the heart and lungs to naturally stop. And CPR is adding major chest trauma to the already compromised heart and lung. Severely septic patients who multiorgan failure who codes in the ICU have near zero chance of survival. You balance that with the risk to staff - have you tried to do chest compressions while properly wearing N95 masks? Code blue is probably the most contaminating procedure for COVID. So, yes, there are some hospitals who will not routinely code terminally ill COVID patients. Is that ethical? History can be the judge.

I do have to say that in hot spots like NYC, while they have not run out of ventilators, they ran out of critical care docs and ICU nurses to care for ICU patients. Imported ICU nurses or ICU docs don't do as well because they are not familiar with the local set up and resources.

I wouldn't sweat this one, Doc. She's not very credible and the video is FAR from going viral. It's great to get your input, but none but the loons will give this one the time of day.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I love the YouTube comments lol
Population control. This is Murder THIS WHOLE THING IS ASET UP WAKE UP PEOPLE STOP BEING SCARED BE THERE FOR YOUR LOVED ONES. they aren't helping you. They are killing you!!!!

The population control agenda is in effect. China is doing what they set out to do. Thank you for your bravery and speaking out. I wish you the best and PLEASE stay safe! We need more good people like you in this world.

Do not take any satanic vaccine...it will just make us sick...this is all planned to reduce population on the planet and make chaos ...it is devils work the big deceiver with his false prophets as the demonic Bill Gates...be aware of the lies

P)lease join me in writing the President to start a criminal investigation. I just wrote them.
How do dumb people gravitate toward each other so naturally?

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,070 Posts
How is this still on youtube?

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,070 Posts

This is one of the best posts I have ever read here. :cheers: I read a lot of crap on the internet daily. What a breathe of fresh air.

·
Cheese?
9,999 Posts
Hi guys, I'm making this video to report a murder. Well, I didnt actually see it, it's a friend of a neighbor of who knows someone who saw this. I'm not going to name names, or tell you who actually murdered someone, and I'm not going to say who was murdered, how they were murdered, or where or when. But trust me, someone WAS murdered. It was horrible. I'm scared, my friend is scared, the neighbor is scared and the person who saw this is scared. We need to do something!
Because the NATURAL thing to do when you're scared and have seen something illegal is to post a public video about it. That makes you much safer, I've heard.

Reactions: larry_minn

·
Consummate Reloader
1,399 Posts
Well, this sounds like the infamous (and well protected) Ukrainian whistle blower who's damning report led to Trumps impeachment. Are we allowed to mention Eric Ciaramella here without retribution? He heard it from a friend who heard it from another friend that Trump said...

·
Super Moderator
18,753 Posts
How is this still on youtube?
Part of the conspiracy. If they took it down, it'd be obvious how the puppet masters were trying to suppress her. By leaving it up, it shows that she's fibbing and no threat to the PMs. Because they only allow factual information on the Tube, so her exposure of the conspiracy is factual and will help expose the conspiracy that they're hiding by leaving it up. WOLVERINES!!

Reactions: Hartford

·
Registered
5,764 Posts

Very interesting! Thanks for posting.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.