NYC: "Imam" arrested for possession of razors going into prison

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Gallium, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Gallium

Gallium CLM

......of course, the fellow - he himself served from 1979 to 1993 for

wait for it....

wait for it....

wait....

murder, and was on parole until 2001. Now he works in the system, guiding and helping inmates.

W:shocked:W.

2. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

That's just what they caught him with. I wonder what else he brought in that they didn't catch??:wow:

Keep giving the Foxes the keys to the Hen house...it's all OK now. The Dems are in power...it'll all be alright....forgive & forget!! :whistling:

3. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

Murder has a whole bunch of ways of getting a guy locked up that aren't necessarily nefarious. Also, some people actually do reform, it isn't the norm but, it happens often enough to be a consideration when looking at someones past.
    Finally, nobody has any clue as to the intent of the act, it could very well have been benign.

All that said, this guy's in for a bumpy friggin' ride whether he was smuggling in weapons, going to give a guy a hair cut or was just damn forgetful.

Honestly, if He was released from parole almost ten years ago and had a steady. high security, job (two jobs actually) I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until more evidence comes to light.

4. fran m

fran m

Straight razors, I never even held one but I think if I had a job where I would be going through a metal detector I would know what I had with me. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think many people use them and I doubt he was supplying the prison barbershop.:wow:

5. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

"Finally, nobody has any clue as to the intent of the act, it could very well have been benign."

spoken by someone that (apparently) has NO IDEA of what happens behind the wall.

A razor or scissors (two weapons there) are NOT benign objects there!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  6. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

Don't be foolish, I know exactly what inmates do with sharp objects, including the individual razors from the disposable Bic type.

This guy wasn't an inmate, has been out on the street, unsupervised for almost a decade with no apparent trouble.

It could very well have been an honest mistake.

It also could have been a failed attempt to smuggle weapons to inmates. Let's see if we can gather enough information to form an opinion based on something more than emotion before we crucify the guy though, huh?

7. Adjuster

Adjuster

What is an imam?

8. american lockpicker

american lockpicker License to Il

Muslim religous leader "preacher".

9. hasselbach

hasselbach

Can you share whatever you are smoking with all of us? That must be some good stuff, powerful too....:rofl:

10. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

Nope, it's all mine.

People do dumb stuff all the time, cops leave guns in public restrooms, people accidentally take things to the secured area of an airport that they KNOW they shouldn't have with them, people walk right through metal detectors with guns and on and on.

I ain't saying the guy's a saint. Let's not immediately assume the worst though.

You might want to move all of your fragile stuff out of the way when you're reading GT forums. That jerking knee may eventually break something.

11. Gallium

Gallium CLM

HK.

I absolutely do not buy the "he may have forgotten" line.

I kinda buy the "ignorance of the law, and what is in your personal possession is no excuse".

I smell big dirty stinking rats.

'Drew

12. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

I'm pickin up what you're puttin down but...

Who, in their right minds, tries to sneak metal objects past a metal detector they've been walking through for, seemingly, years?

And that's really not the only thing that puts me off of the "he was arming inmates" ideology.

13. vafish

vafish

This guy was a former inmate, and had been working in the prison system for a while. He knew the drill.

If it was an honest mistake he needs to be charged with Felony Stupid and sent to prison anyways.

14. The Machinist

The Machinist Please! Please! No more!

The worst part of all this, is that this piece of garbage was paroled after 13 years for murdering someone. Stupid games, stupid prizes also pertains to our jacked up legal system. You take pity on a monster, and he'll use it against you.

15. Gallium

Gallium CLM

It does not have to be "arming". Muslims (some of em) are required to shave there pubic and body hairs every 40 days.

There are places you simply do not FORGET that you have 7" sharp instruments and razors. A prison would be high on the top of that list. Especially THAT prison.

'Drew

16. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Who knows? Perhaps the metal detector thing was a random thing for staff and he calculated the odds and took the risk.

I don't think for one second that animals like those lose their spots. There's a reason a criminal conviction follows you for life.

Furthermore, as former alumni of that particular facility he should been banned from entering as staff or as a visitor. He has too much inside knowledge of how the facility operates and can more effectively take security counter-measures.

17. doktor doom

doktor doom

Anyone with a better knowledge of Arabic, feel free to correct me, but doesn't "Abdu-Shahid" translate as "father of martyr?"

18. jhoagland

jhoagland That's right! Lifetime Member

The true stupidity is that the system let a convicted murderer work in the prison system.
    He knew what the hell he was doing. Fry his ***.
    "If it was an honest mistake he needs to be charged with Felony Stupid and sent to prison anyways."

That's sig line material!