close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NYC: Grandpa's gun collection busted

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Smashy, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Smashy

Smashy

BY Kevin Deutsch, Daniel Edward Rosen and Katie Nelson
    DAILY NEWS WRITERS
    Monday, March 29th 2010

Members of the Brooklyn family caught with a stockpile of weapons are antique collectors - not dangerous thugs, according to a tenant.

Tenant and longtime friend Michael Poole, 29, was initially busted along with Thomas Siano, 57, Kathleen Siano, 58, and their son, Vincent Siano, 29, and charged with criminal possession of weapons.

Police found 30 guns, seven knives and two crossbows in the living quarters of the Sianos' Gravesend home after executing a search warrant Friday, according to the Brooklyn district attorney's office. The charges against Poole, who rented space in the home, were dropped.

[​IMG]

Poole went to court Sunday to defend the family he has known all his life. Poole said the weapons were family heirlooms that were never used.

"These weapons were left to him by [Thomas Siano's] grandfather and uncle, who he used to go hunting with," said Poole, a professional locksmith.

"They were heirlooms. He put them up in the attic because he didn't know what else to do with them. He never brought them out. He didn't want anyone to get hurt."

Dozens of pills also were found in their home, which sits across the street from a grade school, police said. Several neighbors and tenants of the Siano family said Sunday that the pills were for the medicines Prozac, Paxil and Xanax - and that all were obtained legally.

Kathleen Siano suffered a seizure Sunday before her arraignment in Brooklyn Criminal Court and was taken out of court in a wheelchair before being formally charged.

The judge ordered Thomas Siano to undergo a psychiatric evaluation before he's due back in court April 16.

The arraignment for their son was pending last night.

"I'd never have thought they have such an arsenal up there, but they're just collectors. They wouldn't hurt a soul. We feel completely safe living here. This isn't fair to them," said Chris Ruiz, 27, who also lives on the Siano property.

A decades-long neighbor, Peter Consolo, 47, said Thomas Siano also collects old coins.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_..._pal_bklyn_family_arsenal_just_heirlooms.html

2. 88_gurgel

88_gurgel

3. bob_fuller

bob_fuller

oh muh gawsh, those look pretty vicious :shocked:

4. G26Okie

G26Okie

Meanwhile a thug in another part of NY bought a handgun from another homie on the street corner.

"They were heirlooms. He put them up in the attic because he didn't know what else to do with them. He never brought them out. He didn't want anyone to get hurt."

Yeah, because as soon as a gun is brought out of storage, they will begin to hurt people on their own.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  5. bno762

bno762

Geez.....I bet some city official is going to label those hunting rifles as "sniper rifles" in the papers before too long.

6. G26Okie

G26Okie

Assault sniper rifles. Probably call them AK-47's.

7. racer11

racer11

That has got to be the most god forsaken city that there ever was,,,,,I would sure make the local news up there if they had my gun stash...no telling what they would "label" me as.

8. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

there are other weapons on that table from "grandpas hunting guns"

and i dont know any grandpas that had 30+ hunting weapons let alone weapons in general ..

more like 1 shotgun, 1 rifle, one .22, and possibly their service revolver / handgun

9. flagg

flagg

Brown rifles!

10. farley45

farley45

I don't get it:dunno: If his stuff was always sitting in the attic then how/why were police able to secure a search warrant for them?

I also don't understand the mention of having legally obtain prescription medications in a home and the mention of it being next to a grade school.

11. bayshtyshorty

bayshtyshorty

its the news people's job to make the good guys look like the biggest *****hole....and they're friggin' good!!!

12. G26Okie

G26Okie

Because the trifecta-guns/legally obtained prescriptions/near grade school will kill innocent children.

13. panzer1

panzer1 NRA MEMBER

I think its just to make them look like dirtbags. The grade school comes in because its a gun free zone. In NYC you can't have any guns if you do not have permit.

14. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

15. mikedwood

mikedwood

Looks like they are preparing for war to me. War of 1812 perhaps but none the less.

I am so glad I don't live in or near New York. They want to ban salt!

16. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I agree. I guess they need to have a libturd warning sign at the entrance to the state.

17. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

My question... how the hell did the coppers know about the guns in the first place to issue a search warrant?:dunno:

18. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Especially that under-hammer muzzle loader.

19. M1a65

M1a65

I left NYC 20 years ago and have never looked back. You deserve the politicians you vote for... Most of America is learning that hard lesson as we speak!

20. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

It's hard to believe anyone considers it criminal to own thirty old hunting guns that never get used anyway. We had quite a few more than that in the house when I was growing up, and my dad still has every gun he's ever owned.

There's no place on Earth I'd rather avoid than NYC.