Glock Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in gunsmithing cause from what I understand this is the place to go for 80% not Glocks lol. So I'm working on my first build (what an experience!) and the parts kit I got seems to have an unusually light trigger pull, like hair trigger. Looking on the website, the company I got it from sells 2lb trigger springs so Im assuming this is what came in their parts kit that or the 3.5 spring. You put the slighest bit of pressure on the safety blade and it pulls. This freaked my wife out as I'll be using it for home defense temporarily til my bedside comes back from the factory.
So I decided to check out the NY1 spring and something is definitely not right. I guess the best way to to describe it would be that it's not setting fully? The trigger bar wont connect into the little lip on the housing by the connector. I know it's installed correctly it snapped into the housing no problem.
Full disclosure, I don't have my slide yet. I was going to order a PSA dagger slide but I'm waiting to see if I win this oem profile on gunbroker first. I'm just wondering if this is normal as it does set correctly sometimes but not everytime. There was no issue with the spring that came with the lower parts kit so I'm probably just going to switch back to it unless the ny works correctly when fully assembled. If it don't work oh well I could order a 5lb oem spring and call it a day. Just figured I'd give it a try since my ccw is a 357 revolver and they say the ny1 is like a DA revolver pull. Any insight is appreciated, thanks guys!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Pictures? Are you trying to use a NY1 with non glock parts or OEM parts? What frame are you using?

A good basis of what you are working with and trying to do would be immensely helpful for the forum members to help you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I can take pictures when I get home from work later today. I'm using non Glock parts, I found my parts kit on sale it's from AXC tactical. I'm considering getting an aftermarket 6lb spring, might work better with non oem parts.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You can't actually test trigger pull until you put the slide on the gun. You are not doing anything meaningful without the slide. It is actually not good for the gun to cock and fire without the slide. The trigger pull is created when the cruciform sear applies full pressure against the striker lug in your slide.
In your picture the end of the trigger bar is not popping up over the ledge of the connector. This can be caused by rough stamped edges on the trigger bar so it hangs up. Also check the connector for a rough edge.
I always check the edges of the birds head on the trigger bar and lightly stone and polish any rough edges.
Be careful to just address the stamped edges and final polish your work.
Do not get a 6 pound trigger spring. That will work against your striker spring and cause a lighter pull and a slower trigger reset.
While waiting on your slide watch some videos on how a Glock works. Good luck.

·
G43 Fanboy
3,124 Posts
And this is what it looks like when it doesn't View attachment 1115202
I use NY-1 trigger sping in all of the Glock pistols I own. The photos you posted look all right.
Now, without the slide (i.e., without the the trigger bar properly engaging the firing pin), your trigger should meet little resistance (as you are telling us). In other words, most of the “NY trigger’s heavy pull weight” actually comes from the trigger bar overcoming the firing pin spring; and unlike the non-NY trigger springs (e.g., old “S” shape trigger spring for gens.1-4 or the new gen.5 spring unit) that actually help the trigger bar to overcome the firing pin spring, the NY trigger spring actually adds a bit more weight/resistance against the trigger bar to overcome. So, what you are feeling now in terms of the “very light trigger pull” without the slide is the “extra weight/resistance” that the NY-1 spring is adding on top of the firing pin spring (which the trigger bar will also have to overcome).
In any case, once you have the complete upper installed, you will see/feel what I am saying.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Johnny Glocks

I would suggest watching this video. Your issue as pointed out above might need to wait for a slide to actually function test the trigger with the striker and spring.

I also believe the connector might not be fitted correctly. It is supposed to be angled away from the trigger housing but only by a very small amount. It shouldn't be flush against the trigger housing or bent too far away from it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts