close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NY1 shoots better

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 1canvas, Aug 17, 2012.

1. 1canvas

1canvas

has anyone shot better groups after installing a NY1? it just doesn't seem like a good idea to increase trigger pull poundage unless maybe for safety reasons.

2. Ranger54

Ranger54

I put a NY1 in a 17, liked it. A bit heavier, but seemed cleaner, at least to me. Did not do a group comparison, but I do shoot good with it, least for me.

3. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member Silver Member

I tried the NY1 and a 3.5 connector. Some rave about that combination and I really, really wanted to like it ... but I just couldn't. I guess it works for some but I didn't like the increased trigger weight. I suppose there's a trade-off in there for some but I just didn't find it.

4. 1canvas

1canvas

that was what I tried and and my experience also.

5. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

After reading these NY1 threads, I thought Id try my NY1 spring in my guns again I put one in my EDC 30SF in combination with the Factory 3.5 connector, and I also have a titanium safety plunger, and never tried this combo before, and I have to say the trigger feels great very crisp, Im gonna give this a try next outing to the range, but after alot of dry firing I like it....

6. JBP55

JBP55

The groups normally get worse when you increase the trigger pull on a Glock. The stock Glock trigger is Safe.

7. The Retired Sarge

The Retired Sarge "The Sarge"

I love the NY1 and OEM "-" connector in my Glocks and shoot them just fine. Thing is I shoot HK and SIG a lot also so I am used to heavier trigger pulls. Use what works best for you. Bill

8. barth

barth six barrels

+1
    I shoot Sig, HK, Kahr & DA revolvers.
    For me it's just what feels good and I'm most comfortable carrying.
    I shoot about the same groups with my G27 using;
    Standard connector and NY1,
    Standard connector and factory springs,
    Ghost Rocket 3.5 and factory springs,
    Glock OEM "-" and NY1,
    Ghost 3.5 drop in and NY1.

I really like feel of a consistent pull weight and positive reset
    that a 3.5 connector and NY1 spring combination gives.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  9. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member Silver Member

I did the same thing. Wanted the reliability of the NY spring so I changed springs and connectors. Dry fired like no one's business but at the range, live-firing, I just couldn't get that combo to work for me. Dry fire was (I thought) fine but live sucked.

10. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

I really like the '-' connector with the NY1 very much!

I really prefer it for competition - the reset is *much* more positive and noticeable under stress!

I use the LoneWolf '3.5lb' or '-' connector and the break is cleaner and positive.

I'm a big fan of this combo!

The investment isn't that big... and sounds like there are a few NY1 springs available.... :supergrin:

HTH

Patrick

11. AgentM79

AgentM79 Platinum Member

Any time you change a variable in a physical activity, you are likely to concentrate more on fundamentals. In other words, you are probably paying more attention to grip and trigger pull now. The gain will (likely) be short-lived as any prior "bad habits" re-ingrain themselves as you get used to the new fire control set-up.

With THAT said, most of my Glock pistols have NY-1's. It's an agency mandate for "the job". In my personal guns, I prefer the firmer reset from the NY-1 spring. SOME Glock pistols (I've seen it in both 45ACP and 45GAP) have a snappy reset with the "stock" coil spring, and don't need an NY-1 for this purpose. I've never seen a 9mm Glock with sufficiently snappy reset, though, and I always puy NY-1's in them. Maybe I'm just used to it.

12. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

I've had the NY1 and "-" connector on all my Glocks for YEARS now (13 or so total). I am a FIRM believer in this setup.

It takes one thing and one thing only to get as good w/ this combo as it does w/ the factory set up, and that's like anything else in life -

- practice, practice, practice.

Can I shoot the factory setup or the coil spring w/ a "-" connector better? Sure, it's easier, but I can also shoot the NY1 and "-" setup at a more than acceptable level b/c I am used to it now also.

It's not different than in the old days when we had to learn to shoot DA guns vs SA guns, or traditional DA semi autos where every shot after the first non-cocked DA shot was a SA follow up shot. To me having to be use to making that transition was harder to master, or the first shot was always a throw away - not good. :(

At least the Glock NY1 and "-" setup is consistent from shot to shot once you master it.

Again, practice, practice, practice and you'll get it.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  13. JBP55

JBP55

When we were young/strong and shooting double action revolvers we were not old/weak and did not have arthritic hands. No NY1 trigger springs for me.

14. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I am shooting my NY-1 Gen 4 Glock 19 as well as any stock Glock I've shot. And I prefer the feel and pull weight.

If it's a bit too heavy you can go with the lighter connector. Stock connector works just fine for me though. The pull weight isn't as bad as it would seem.

Anyone that complains about a slight increase in weight better stay away from revolvers and DA/DAO guns because they will be MUCH heavier.

15. DakotaGlockGuy

DakotaGlockGuy Polymer Artist

I have a similar setup (along with a few other tricks!) coming for my G30sf, too.

The bottom line is that the NY1 spring is like $3. Just try it for yourself. If you don't like it, you've spent less than you would for a visit to Starbucks...

16. RYT 2BER

RYT 2BER

Personally I think any NY connector either 1 or 2 blows huge

It wasn't something glock or anyone else gave a crap about. I believe it was designed to assuage the fears of some very serious losers in the people's republik of NY.

As far as I'm concerned the LAST thing I'm looking to do is make trigger pull heavier.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  17. JBP55

JBP55

Amen..

18. NMPOPS

NMPOPS

Personally, I like the NY1. I put it in all my Glocks. The only change I make to the internal. I really don't notice an increase in the trigger pull but it is a more consistent pull. I have never heard of an NY1 spring breaking but I have seen the standard spring break.

19. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

I prefer the NY-1t rigger in all my Glocks.

20. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Well I went out to the range this morning, and shot my 30SF and Gen4 23 both with the NY-1 springs, and both have factry "-" connectors in them and I was pretty happy with how well the triggers were esp on my G30, I do think this will be the set up I use from now on, I really enjoyed how they felt...