NY trigger

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by fog0fwar, Jan 27, 2010.

1. fog0fwar

fog0fwar

I have a question for all the Glock-gurus out there. I have a Glock 26 with the 3.5 connector and a NY1 trigger set up. I was wondering if anyone sells either a replacement spring, (lighter weight), for the NY1 trigger or a NY1-style spring set up that is around the 5lb. mark?

I like the bulletproof setup of the 3.5 connector and the NY1 trigger spring but I want a lighter trigger pull with that same set up?

I look forward to any replies...

Fog

2. Scott30

Scott30

You could cut coils off of the NY1 spring or just remove the spring totally. It will not hurt the NY1 at all.

3. 04LS1GTO

04LS1GTO

Correct. As Scott said, you can remove the coil spring. The NY1 is primarily like a leaf spring. Doesn't need that little coil to work.

4. snipe1

snipe1 Perfection

I agree. Quite a few on this forum run the the NY1 without the coil spring and a 3.5# connector.

5. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

I believe I saw somewhere that before the NY1 and NY2 were made they started of with a spring that looked similar to the NY1 without a spring in it. I dont know if it wasnt as reliable or if they were worried about breaking. I think it may have been a spring similar to the one used on the Slide Lock.

6. fog0fwar

fog0fwar

Thanks all for the replies...

I am doing the research to find a replacement spring of lighter weight if I can. If not I will probably do the snip and lessen the spring a bit that way.

But again much thanks,

Fog

7. randyr5

randyr5

The NY1 is supposed to replace the coil spring, not used along with it.

8. B Coyote

B Coyote

There is a small coil spring inside the NY1/2 springs.

bc

9. bentbiker

bentbiker

That should get you just about back to where it all started (std connector and std coil), with just that right amount of extra creep added in. :supergrin:

10. Phil424

Phil424

Quick question, what makes ya like the NY trigger over the stock 5.5 or the 3.5? Personally I love the feel of the stock 5.5.

11. Ticman

Ticman

If you can find the right diameter spring in an ink pen that might be just right. Probably need to cut a few coils to fit but would work for a lighter spring.

12. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

It makes the trigger pull longer, smoother and more like a revolver or a DAO pistol. I have the same setup as the OP. I never liked the stock setup, it feels like a toggle switch to me.

13. fog0fwar

fog0fwar

My main reason for doing this is reliability....That's why my first choice in a handgun is GLOCK. Boringly reliable...just the way I like them.

Now I have heard that the standard trigger spring has been beefed up, but I have seen a few of them break. In fact when I was qualifying as a cadet back in 1993 my Glock 19 had a trigger spring break during timed, scored, qualification. Luckily a friend/instructor had another G19 handy and I finished the qual. I have also worked in two different gun stores where they rented firearms for range use. At the time, also in the 90's, I saw just about every Glock lose it's trigger springs. Now bear in mind those Glock rentals had 10's of thousands of rounds through them, but a break is a break.

Again I have heard they improved those springs, but I have never once seen a NY 1 trigger fail. So that is why I use the NY trigger/3.5 connector set up. Now I would like this setup to be about 2 pounds lighter thus my original post.

Regards,

Fog

14. SCC

SCC just me