close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NY trigger spring

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by chrisw, Feb 22, 2010.

1. chrisw

chrisw

I am interested in the ny1 and ny2 trigger springs. I did a search and couldn't find anyone asking my specific questions so decided to ask here. I'm sure this has been covered, but please cut me a break and help me out. My glock is a glock 19 3rd gen.

1. Are these different products when they come from different manufacturers or are they all identical? If they are different, which ones are the best?

2. Where is the best place to buy one of each spring for short money and from a reputable company?

3. Are they interchangeable with all glock models or is each gun have it's own specific trigger spring?

4. Can anyone give me a link to a video on the install on this product and tell me what tools, if any, that I will need?

5. Are there other trigger modifications that are better than the NY trigger spring systems? I am not looking for a lighter trigger, but rather a heavier one for carry.

Thanks to all in advance for your help. This forum has been such a helpful place to learn about not just my new glock but many of my other guns. Thanks!

2. 04LS1GTO

04LS1GTO

1. Glock Factory Part
    2. They're like $3 anywhere you go (got mine from Lone Wolf)
    3. Universal part
    4. search you tube... theres quite a few
    5. There are several and each serves a different purpose... research

3. 04LS1GTO

04LS1GTO

4. chrisw

chrisw

Thanks. You mentioned that there are many other different trigger upgrades. Could you give me some sort of idea as where to begin my research? Who has them? Who makes them? Where do I read about them? I will be checking out the video link now. Thanks again,

-Chris

5. 04LS1GTO

04LS1GTO

There's too many upgrades available many of which I have not used or seen. It's better to do your own research. Some people piece together NY triggers with different connectors and other people buy all new trigger assemblies. There's gotta be hundreds of threads on here.

6. blhar15

blhar15

I like the NY1 combined with a 3.5# connector, gives it a nice clean pull all the way through.

7. JBP55

JBP55

Heavy Pull.

8. 04LS1GTO

04LS1GTO

NY1 combined with a 3.5 connector is no heavier than the stock pull. (if it is, its not by much at all). It may feel heavier because the NY1 removes the take up pre-travel of the stock trigger pull.

Military guys tend to love the feel of the stock trigger (with the easy stack up and crisp break) and a lot of LEO I know prefer the firm pull all the way through. Just boils down to preference.

9. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Well, it doesn't 'remove' it, it just makes it heavier.

If you know how to squeeze a single action type trigger, and how to use the reset, go with an 8lb connector and the original coil spring, it gives a clean, crisp trigger break that takes 8lbs of pressure to fire.

If you don't know how to squeeze a single action type trigger and use the reset, go with a NY spring and a 3.5 connector. It gives you a trigger that's more like a double action revolver trigger pull. But if anyone tells you that it gives a clean, crisp trigger pull, that means they don't have a clue as to what a clean, crisp trigger break is.