close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NY-1 Vs. stock 5.5 Can't feel the difference!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Mastifflover, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Mastifflover

Mastifflover

Hello, I just picked up a G26 with about 500 rounds through it. It has the NY-1 trigger with the stock connector. My dad just bought a brand new G19 RTF with the standard 5.5 pound trigger.

I was playing with them both tonight dry firing them, one gun then the other and honestly they felt very close. Mine with the NY-1 trigger had a slightly heavier takeup but the break felt almost the same if not just a tick lighter than his standard trigger. :shocked:

Is this just because mine is broke in and his is brand new? My trigger feels fine to me but I had thought about buying the standard coill spring to try out but after dry firing both guns side by side I don't know if I'll even bother. Has anyone else experienced this or is it that my trigger finger is just dead from firing so many double action revolvers and the 12 pound trigger on my Sigma?:upeyes:

2. vinnier6

vinnier6

that sigma trigger is brutal...

3. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

You say your G26 has 'the stock connector' in it.....are you sure? The 'stock connector' being a 5lb (now 5.5lb) connector. I'm kinda wondering if it doesn't have a 3.5 (now 4.5) connector in it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Mastifflover

Mastifflover

Butch, just checked again and there are no + or - signs on the connector so I am assuming that it is the stock 5lb. Oh by the way I do like the reset on mine better it is much more positive.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  5. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

I've played a lot with my Lyman digital trigger gauge and various Glocks and spring connector combo's in each.

I can tell you that the minor variences in individual guns, connectors, and springs sometimes do make a significant difference (especailly as they add up), so what you say does not really surprise me.

If you like the NY trigger more power to ya, I shoot best with the 3.5/4.5 connector and standard spring so thats what I use.

6. TeddyB

TeddyB

I do believe the NY-1 Trigger Spring is 8 lbs.

The standard stock coil trigger spring is 5 Lbs and helps you pull the the 5 Lbs striker spring.

Trigger pull and trigger break point by connector are two entirely different things.

7. Mastifflover

Mastifflover

Ok I understand why the takeup on mine feels slightly heavier with the NY-1 than my dads with the standard spring. Is the actual break of the trigger mainly determined by the connector? Maybe my connector is just more worn in (500 rounds) and that's why the actual break feels so similar and after his is broke in it will eventually feel lighter than mine?

8. blinddog

blinddog

Add a 3.5 Lb connector, but you still aren't going to see much differance after a few hundred rounds